YouTube videos stop while playing - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: YouTube videos stop while playing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-04-2017, 05:54 PM

Reclined Lounger

YouTube videos stop while playing

This just started today when I play a YouTube video on my iPad, it will stop in the middle and the screen will go black, why?
Old 06-05-2017, 09:28 AM

Freshman Lounger

That is weird... Are you using the YouTube app or are watching YouTube in Safari or another browser? Have you tried with different YouTube videos?
Old 06-05-2017, 11:35 AM

In your case Derek, it is typically bad network connection.

Do you want to post a link so someone else can see if there is an IOS issue with the video. What time stamp does it stop playing? I doubt it will help, but we can at least try.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Reclined Lounger

Yes, go ahead and post it. I watched another shorter video it didn't do that. How do I correspond with this person? Maybe it was just that one video.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:57 AM

I don't have the link to the video, so I can't post the link. I only use YouTube on iOS to try and reproduce your issues. After I am done, I uninstall the YouTube app and use my PC where I have decent ad blocking.

You could use the feedback mechanisms in the YouTube application. I don't feel like installing it to transcribe the options here, so I'll let you look at the YouTube app and see the feedback options yourself.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 AM

Reclined Lounger

I ok, was just watching another longer video, it did the same thing only this time it didn't go black, the picture froze. You said it was a bad network, do you mean bad internet? It's not my iPad, is it? If it's the internet it's ok, that's to be expected here where I live. I just don't want it to be my iPad itself.
Do you think if I use YouTube on Safari, it wouldn't do that? That would make it the app itself having problems wouldn't it.
How do I see the feedback options on the app?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:41 AM

Reclined Lounger

Oh wait! You were asking if I wanted to post a link ok yes. Here's the 2nd video that froze. The only way I can get it to play again is a hard reset by turning pad off then on again. Same with the other one. Froze at 12:41. https://youtu.be/RMaDydHhAGg
Old 06-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Reclined Lounger

Hmmm, I clicked on the link myself, it opened the app. It was still stuck at that point. The only way I can get to play again is to move or jiggle the playing bar.
I just remembered I tried doing that to the first video that did that, I didn't work, but a hard reset did. But I had to do it twice because it froze twice. Here's the other video that froze. https://youtu.be/VmsNM2AFFxQ

Last edited by Derek70; 06-06-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:44 PM

Most of your issues seem to stem from a bad internet connection, not the iPad.

The first one seems to be the video. It hung for me around 12 minutes in. The counter is running but no sound or video for about 3 minutes, then it recovered around 15 minutes in and started playing again. One of the comments from Awesome Blossom stated the video is missing from 12:12-14:40 a year ago. So it is definitely the video. There are additional comments stating that a lot of the videos uploaded by this user have the bad video problem, also a year ago. So the owner does not care, and you'll just have to put up with it.

Nothing is wrong with your iPad or internet connection.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 06-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

Derek70,
I tried both videos in a browser on a PC: the first video is bad, exactly as cjmnews described above. So, definitively not related to your iPad or your internet connection.

The second one seemed to play fine. Since there is (at least) one comment that there were stopping issues, this might be related the video or to the connection to the server which hosts the video. Or there might have been issues at some point and they have been fixed since.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

That may be due to some cache or some other issue related to your internet connection. You can solve it by looping the video.

Topic: YouTube videos stop while playing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.