iPad says not charging.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Derek70

I plugged in my iPad last night using that wire that won't charge when it's on. Well I plugged it in last night and this morning I turned the pad on to see if it was done, it said " not charging" I looked at the percentage it said 99%. So I used the other wire, I went up to 100 , finally. Do you think that other wire is just working anymore?

cjmnews

Staff member
The "Not Charging" usually happens when an iPad is plugged into a computer or an iPhone charger as these devices only provide 5W of power when the iPad needs 10W.

You can only charge using the iPad plug.

If this is using your larger plug that is intended for your iPad, then the plug is bad and needs to be replaced.

If you used the iPad plug and different wires, then the first wire is bad and needs to be tossed.

Derek70

The one I bought for back up is the one that was doing it. It's also the one that would not charge with the power on. Strange that it would go up to 99% and then say "not charging" .
UPDATE: I just tested it on another iPad plug. It's the back up wire. Did it just stop working out of the blue like that? How can that happen??

Last edited:

Derek70

Ok, I guess I should change this thread to back up wire. The back up I got was the same exact kind same name Duplimax. Why didn't it work as well as the original and why did decide to quit?
UPDATE: something else I found out the back up that won't charge, it won't charge but it still used wall power which saves on battery power.

Last edited:

Derek70

Ok, I tested the wire again it was charging. This is a very strange one sometimes it charges, sometimes not. I don't what to expect from this wire.

cjmnews

Staff member
Sounds like a bad cable. A small short in one of the power wires. Time to replace it.

Derek70

It is believed that the back up wire (cable) never works as good as the original. Is this true somewhat?

cjmnews

Staff member
I look for authorized cables, that are MFi (Made For iPhone, iPad, iPod).

The ones that are not certified by Apple put you at risk of fire, not being able to transfer data, and other issues.

Apple even has an online list of authorized Lightning-based MFi accessories.

tonyjohn72

Hi,

If you iPad is not charging then you can take the following steps to fix it:-

1. Check your Charging Cable/USB Adapter for damages.
2. Check charging port for dust, debris, etc.
3. Change the Power Socket/Wall Outlet/USB ports of your Laptop or PC
4. Force restart your iPad
5. Reset your iPhone to Factory Settings
6. Contact Apple Support