Worrisome flash - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Worrisome flash

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-28-2017, 04:57 PM

Reclined Lounger

Worrisome flash

I don't know if this is anything to be concerned about but I was scrolling on Facebook on my iPad and all of a sudden the screen went black for one second and then the pad came back on the home screen. Facebook was off. I clicked it back on. It I this anything to be concerned about? My pad doas feel a little warm. Is that ok?

Last edited by Derek70; 02-28-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 AM

Sounds like an app crash. Nothing to worry about.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-02-2017, 05:02 AM

Senior Lounger

" I was scrolling on Facebook on my iPad" yea that sounds typical for the Facebook app which has never been a terrific, innovative or well-optimised app - it was notorious for battery drain on both ios and android a few versions back. Not sure of that is still the case as it's the only app I swipe up to force quit when I'm done with it...

So no, nothing to worry about on your ipad...
Old 03-09-2017, 09:03 AM

Reclined Lounger

My Facebook app just crashed again. 'This is the second since last time I posted this thread. What do y'all think is causing these crashes?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 AM

The Facebook app, and their video playback. Try turning off automatically playing videos (I'll let you google that) and you should see better stability.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-18-2017, 12:12 PM

Reclined Lounger

I did this https://www.facebook.com/help/iphone...ef=faq_content it worked for a while. But then videos were playing sutomsticly with sound again. The setting shown it's turned off, why are the videos loading automatically when I have that setting turned off?
Old 03-18-2017, 06:27 PM

Reclined Lounger

Welll I turned ig off again but the Facebook app crashed again. What is going on?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:50 AM

The question of why the videos automatically play when the setting is off should be sent to Facebook.

You can always uninstall the Facebook app and reinstall it to see if that fixes the crashes.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:14 PM

Reclined Lounger

I did last night. No problems so far. You think it might be a Facebook problem? I've also noticed even in this one where I would try to play a video in Facebook app but the video would freeze, I thought it be the internet so I checked my YouTube and Netflix app, work fine. Facebook problem, huh?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM

That is what it sounds like.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 AM

Reclined Lounger

Ok I installed and reinstalled Facebook couple days ago. The Facebook app still crashed. It doesn't seem to crash very much but it did this time. And no other app crashes.

Topic: Worrisome flash

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.