I forgot my Apple ID password - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I forgot my Apple ID password

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-21-2017, 12:12 PM

Reclined Lounger

I forgot my Apple ID password

I don't know if this belongs in the iPad thread but I tried to download an app and it asked me for my password and I forgot it. I gave them my email and my name but I can't remember what email account I signed in on or my name, if it was my real name.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:32 AM

You can try iforgot.apple.com to see if you can recover it. The iTunes Account menu should show you the email address you used if you are logged in.

Hopefully "they" is the App Store, not someone asking for your password.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 AM

Reclined Lounger

I even forgot what email account I registered with. Can I start a new account?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:32 AM

You should NOT do that. You should be able to find the email in Settings->iTunes & App Stores

Then use iforgot.apple.com to recover the password.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Reclined Lounger

wheres settings?
Old 02-15-2017, 01:08 PM

Reclined Lounger

where is the settings on my itunes i only have itunes on my computer, not on my ipad. not eounth memory to hold my music on my ipad, i leave that to my ipod.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:23 PM

I assumed your computer was still dead and was recommending the steps in iOS.

On your computer your email address should be in the Account menu at the top.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:24 PM

Reclined Lounger

i dont see iforgot.apple.com in it.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:26 PM

And in case you don't understand that the iforgot string is a web address here is a clickable link: https://iforgot.apple.com/

Old 02-15-2017, 01:28 PM

Here is a picture of iTunes 12 with a logged in account. You'll see they clicked on the Account Menu and at the top it shows the Apple ID.

https://support.apple.com/library/co...t-dropdown.jpg

Old 02-15-2017, 01:31 PM

Reclined Lounger

It's asking for an Appleid, I thought it was my email. But it's not. What is an Apple ID?
Old 02-15-2017, 01:41 PM

It is your email address. The picture in the post above shows that it is, and the example on iforgot also shows that it is.

There is also a link there that says (Forgot Apple ID?) that you could try to use.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Reclined Lounger

Ok I clicked on the forgot your Apple ID and it asked for for my email and my first name and last name I rembmber my email but not the name I signed in with. It won't work with just an email?
Old 02-15-2017, 01:52 PM

It looks like it will work with just an email to me. Maybe you should go back to the first page, and use your email address.
https://iforgot.apple.com/

If you need the first and last name that were used to register, that should also be shown in the Account menu above the email address. https://support.apple.com/library/co...t-dropdown.jpg

Old 02-15-2017, 02:12 PM

Reclined Lounger

It's giving me the runaround. I put in my email address it let me in but it's asking for my original password I don't remember it.

Topic: I forgot my Apple ID password

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.