iTunes problem - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-24-2016, 04:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

iTunes problem

I have created a playlist of songs that I recorded on my Roland keyboard and converted them to Mp3.Each song was given it`s title and put into numerical order.I transferred them into I tunes ready to copy to my Ipad mini.There are 22 songs in the playlist but Itunes has put them in 8 different folders some with 1 song,some 2,some 3 and 1 with 10.When I open the folders,the songs are there but they all say "unknown artiste" instead of the titles,
is there any way to rename them before they transfer to the Ipad?
Old 12-25-2016, 10:36 AM

You can right click each file and use Get Info to set a name, artist, track number, album...
You can select all or some of the tracks, right click one and choose Get Info to set a common set of info (Artist, total number of tracks) for them all at the same time. (5-10 min)

Because they are MP3 files, they may not get updated to the file by iTunes, so you can force it by selecting all the tracks, then click File->Convert->Convert ID3 Tags choose version 2.3 and click OK. Now the track files will have their information inside of them. (<2 min)

Sending it to an iPad is no problem now.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-26-2016, 04:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you for the information,I will take your advice.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

I now have the playlist running on the Ipad IOS 9.5.3,as I don`t want to play the next track automaticaly.is there a way
to disable autoplay?
Old 12-27-2016, 01:51 PM

No there is no way to force it to pause at the end of a song automatically.

Could you add a blank track (Silence, create one with Audacity, save as MP3) that is the length of your talk between tracks?
(use the next track button to skip if too long)
Or use the pause button with a short silence track between tracks.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-27-2016, 04:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks again for your reply,I have found on the playlist page,an option called UP NEXT.
This shows the playlist of songs with the option to CLEAR the next song but ONLY the next song.Fortunately I recorded introductions to the songs which should give me enough time
to call this up each time before the song itself starts.I see on some older versions there were tick boxes to play automatic or not,obviously the option is no longer available.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:11 AM

The other option (which probably won't work for you) is to mark each track as Skip on Shuffle, then play the playlist Shuffled. This will randomize the tracks, but it won't play the next one until you hit play.

Topic: iTunes problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.