External storage cloud vs external devices

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Phxrider

Looking to clear up storage on my iPad and was debating to go with additional cloud storage vs an external device like the seagate wireless hard drive or Ileef bridge , would like to hear some opinions from folks who use either or both

sallenmd

I use both. I store pictures on Apple's iCloud for its convenience--important to remember to set it to optimize to save space on the device. I store documents on Microsoft's OneDrive because that's what my employer uses. I travel a lot, often trips of more that a week, and want to keep a large amount of uncompressed music available, so I also have a 2 TB LaCie Fuel for that. Great sound with my portable Bluetooth speaker and Bose QC headphones. The only problem is it requires proprietary software and thus cannot take advantage of the many playlists I have created on my computer. The Seagate (they now own LaCie) drive you mentioned will have that same limitation, which applies to all file types.

LambGreen

Looking to clear up storage on my iPad and was debating to go with additional cloud storage vs an external device like the seagate wireless hard drive or Ileef bridge
I have a fairly new iPad but I'm quickly running out of what I call my 'comfort-level' of storage. I used to always side with an external device and have an iPocket but I'm slowly getting more and more interested in a cloud solution (my iPocket is full of things I've accumulated over the years). Mostly because of the benefits outlined in this digital guide article (guide is a resource I turn to often). The arguments in favour of storage are many, but I can't help having that funny feeling that if I can't see it, how can I ever really 100% trust it... AGHH. In a nutshell: if anyone can assuage my fear, please do, cos I really want to give it a try!

PS sorry OP for not really answering your question in a meaningful way; however, the article has some interesting food for thought for you.