About battery drainage - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: About battery drainage

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 12-03-2015, 03:49 PM

Reclined Lounger

About battery drainage

One of the things that was wrong with my Samsung was that it kept draining battery power for example it would skip from 45% to 25 % in 5 minutes. I want to know is there a chance my iPad mini will do that? What can cause that to happen? Like I said somewhere else I want to cover all bases.
BTW my iPod classic never had that battery drainage problem and I had that since January 2011 . So I'm use sing Apple product are a more stronger brand.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:48 PM

Generally no, you will not have that issue.

Of course if you spend a lot of time gaming or watching videos on your iPad, the battery will be used faster than if those activities were not happening.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-04-2015, 06:38 AM

Reclined Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzuekarly View Post
try to have another battery as a backup. I think this will stop working after few days.

the battery will stop working after a few days? its brand new, i did not have any troubles with it yet. besides i do not have access to get a back up battery (for reasons id rather not disclose) if its gonna be anything like my ipod, i shouldnt have any trouble, right?
Old 12-04-2015, 09:51 AM

Please ignore makezuekarly, most of what they post is wrong, which is why most of their posts get deleted.

Your battery is fine. You should have no troubles at all.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-06-2016, 07:47 AM

Reclined Lounger

another thing about this is when the percentage skipps numbers meaning just now i was on it, i think about 5-7 minutes. and it seemed to from 41 to 39 % i wasnt looking at it all the way through but it seemed to skip 40% is that normal?? i remember thats how my samsung started. i have to admit im just tiny bit alarmed at this. is it normal for the percentages to skip numbers?
Old 01-06-2016, 07:52 AM

Yes this is perfectly normal. The display was last updated when the iPad went to sleep, the updated after you woke it up. They don't update the display continually to save battery.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:40 AM

Reclined Lounger

About battery drainage

Another issue I wonder is the over charging. I have to run errand with someone sometimes and time is afactor. Like right now the battery is st 88% charging but we need to run an errand before long and am afraid when we come back it will be overcharged damaging the battery. Is there a danger in overcharging? Even if the power is off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2016, 11:17 AM

Nope. Engineers thought of that years ago.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yeah overcharging isn't something that should be considered now. All modern (and for a while to be honest) phones, tablets, laptops, etc. shouldn't suffer from overcharging (unless it's faulty manufacturing or something).
Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 PM

Reclined Lounger

I know it's an old post, but I encountered something new. It's almost time for a charge now, but I remember that at 25% I turned the pad off then snout an hour later I turned it back on it was 20 %, is that normal to skip so much even when it's been turned off?
Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 PM

That's probably OK. I suspect that there may have been some app updates downloaded and applied using that battery.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:31 AM

Reclined Lounger

I usually get a notice on my apps (or on the settings icon, can't remember which)icon when that happens.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:25 AM

That notice will be in your notifications if you pull down the top window.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 AM

Reclined Lounger

ok, so i watched a mov video which i put on my ipad and it used about 30% battery power is that normal?
i remember some time sgo i watched a movie on Netflix and i remember think it used almost 25%. (i cant really remember for sure) thats normal right?
Old 06-28-2016, 10:20 AM

Seems normal to me

Topic: About battery drainage

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.