About battery drainage

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Derek70

One of the things that was wrong with my Samsung was that it kept draining battery power for example it would skip from 45% to 25 % in 5 minutes. I want to know is there a chance my iPad mini will do that? What can cause that to happen? Like I said somewhere else I want to cover all bases.
BTW my iPod classic never had that battery drainage problem and I had that since January 2011 . So I'm use sing Apple product are a more stronger brand. :thumbsup:

cjmnews

Staff member
Generally no, you will not have that issue.

Of course if you spend a lot of time gaming or watching videos on your iPad, the battery will be used faster than if those activities were not happening.

Derek70

try to have another battery as a backup. I think this will stop working after few days.
:eek:
the battery will stop working after a few days? its brand new, i did not have any troubles with it yet. besides i do not have access to get a back up battery (for reasons id rather not disclose) if its gonna be anything like my ipod, i shouldnt have any trouble, right?

cjmnews

Staff member
Please ignore makezuekarly, most of what they post is wrong, which is why most of their posts get deleted.

Your battery is fine. You should have no troubles at all.

Derek70

another thing about this is when the percentage skipps numbers meaning just now i was on it, i think about 5-7 minutes. and it seemed to from 41 to 39 % i wasnt looking at it all the way through but it seemed to skip 40% is that normal?? i remember thats how my samsung started. i have to admit im just tiny bit alarmed at this. is it normal for the percentages to skip numbers?

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes this is perfectly normal. The display was last updated when the iPad went to sleep, the updated after you woke it up. They don't update the display continually to save battery.

Derek70

Another issue I wonder is the over charging. I have to run errand with someone sometimes and time is afactor. Like right now the battery is st 88% charging but we need to run an errand before long and am afraid when we come back it will be overcharged damaging the battery. Is there a danger in overcharging? Even if the power is off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cjmnews

Staff member
Nope. Engineers thought of that years ago.

majorkeyalert

Yeah overcharging isn't something that should be considered now. All modern (and for a while to be honest) phones, tablets, laptops, etc. shouldn't suffer from overcharging (unless it's faulty manufacturing or something).

Derek70

I know it's an old post, but I encountered something new. It's almost time for a charge now, but I remember that at 25% I turned the pad off then snout an hour later I turned it back on it was 20 %, is that normal to skip so much even when it's been turned off?

cjmnews

Staff member
That's probably OK. I suspect that there may have been some app updates downloaded and applied using that battery.

Derek70

I usually get a notice on my apps (or on the settings icon, can't remember which)icon when that happens.

cjmnews

Staff member
That notice will be in your notifications if you pull down the top window.

Derek70

ok, so i watched a mov video which i put on my ipad and it used about 30% battery power is that normal?
i remember some time sgo i watched a movie on Netflix and i remember think it used almost 25%. (i cant really remember for sure) thats normal right?

Derek70

I've noticed something else lately the percentage number doesn't seem to last as long as it did before. Even now when I just use Facebook or this board. It used to take if I had to gues 3 minutes staying on one number but now it seems I don't even lady a minute.

sallenmd

I just couldn't bear to invest so much mental energy in worrying about battery life. I just use mine (12.7" Pro) and charge it if it's somewhere south of 50% at bedtime or in my office. If I know that I will have a prolonged period of no access to charge due to work travel and field work, I top it off no matter what level it's at. On occasion I carry a Mophie Powerstation XL with me on trips, but have never had to use it, especially since most planes on longer routes these days have AC power.

I've never much trusted the little Apple battery icon's accuracy anyway. If you really worry a lot about battery usage, you might want to look into some high-rated battery app. I think some of them are pretty accurate and detailed. There also is a place in Settings where you can look and see what percentage of your battery drainage can be attributed to which apps.

Derek70

Last night, I turned off my iPad it was 27% , this morning I turned it on it was 20%. How can it skip percentages when it's off?

cjmnews

Staff member
Stop worrying so much...

Let me count the ways your battery could have been used.
  1. It is asleep not off when the button is pressed
  2. iOS updates downloading
  3. new app versions downloading
  4. email messages
  5. twitter messages
  6. apps contacting servers for data
  7. messenger messages
  8. what's app messages
  9. email polling
  10. facebook notifications
  11. background refresh actions
  12. notifications turning on the screen
  13. game notifications for lives being restored
  14. game notifications for friends being online
  15. game notifications for new challenges
  16. netflix added a video you make like notification
  17. youtube comment notification.
  18. ...

Derek70

on 1) you mean the power button? yeah i press that and then it gives me a swip button on the screen that says "to turn off just swipe." thats how i turn mine off. its off when you do that, right?