About battery drainage - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: About battery drainage

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 06-29-2016, 06:54 AM

Reclined Lounger

I've noticed something else lately the percentage number doesn't seem to last as long as it did before. Even now when I just use Facebook or this board. It used to take if I had to gues 3 minutes staying on one number but now it seems I don't even lady a minute.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:32 PM

Senior Lounger

I just couldn't bear to invest so much mental energy in worrying about battery life. I just use mine (12.7" Pro) and charge it if it's somewhere south of 50% at bedtime or in my office. If I know that I will have a prolonged period of no access to charge due to work travel and field work, I top it off no matter what level it's at. On occasion I carry a Mophie Powerstation XL with me on trips, but have never had to use it, especially since most planes on longer routes these days have AC power.

I've never much trusted the little Apple battery icon's accuracy anyway. If you really worry a lot about battery usage, you might want to look into some high-rated battery app. I think some of them are pretty accurate and detailed. There also is a place in Settings where you can look and see what percentage of your battery drainage can be attributed to which apps.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:14 AM

Reclined Lounger

Last night, I turned off my iPad it was 27% , this morning I turned it on it was 20%. How can it skip percentages when it's off?
Old 10-10-2016, 11:42 AM

Stop worrying so much...

Let me count the ways your battery could have been used.
  1. It is asleep not off when the button is pressed
  2. iOS updates downloading
  3. new app versions downloading
  4. email messages
  5. twitter messages
  6. apps contacting servers for data
  7. messenger messages
  8. what's app messages
  9. email polling
  10. facebook notifications
  11. background refresh actions
  12. notifications turning on the screen
  13. game notifications for lives being restored
  14. game notifications for friends being online
  15. game notifications for new challenges
  16. netflix added a video you make like notification
  17. youtube comment notification.
  18. ...

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Reclined Lounger

on 1) you mean the power button? yeah i press that and then it gives me a swip button on the screen that says "to turn off just swipe." thats how i turn mine off. its off when you do that, right?
Old 10-10-2016, 08:59 PM

So you powered it all the way down and powered it up. That uses battery too. Saving the state of all the apps that are open, decrypting some of your data on power up. Reconnecting to iCloud, etc.

7% is not unreasonable to be used for this.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-10-2016, 10:44 PM

Senior Lounger

Does your iPad not get through the day without needing to be recharged? The way I see it, the only reason to worry about battery life is if it has to be charged more often than every 24 hours.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:33 AM

Reclined Lounger

i dont use icloud at all. i know im being silly but im just shelshocked about the last pad i had, it was a samsung and the battery kept draining very fast, it would go from 70% to 40% in just 5 minutes with hardly using any apps at all and turn itself off at 30% and got worse. It later displayed that my battery had a virus or something in there or something. Im thinking now with an Apple ipad it might be better. like my ipod that i had since Jan. 2011. so if the ipad uses batter power like my ipod, id be "safe". still though, if experiance something askew, i will ask because again i am shellshocked from my samsung experiance.
Plese try to understand, sorry about all this. hehe
Old 10-13-2016, 02:33 AM

Burson
Banned

same problem

battery drains relatively fast
what can be the solution
poor battery back up
Old 10-15-2016, 01:35 PM

Senior Lounger

I think that about all that can be said about how to prolong battery life has been said by others on the thread. If you have done all those things and still think it's draining, you should probably take that up with Apple. The question also remains open about whether or not Apple's battery meter is accurate. That's worth checking out by Googling and then considering a third-party app.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:08 AM

Reclined Lounger

Sorry if I asked a similar question before but this is a huge jump in percentages with just powering off. When I turned off my iPad it was 38 % later when I turned it back on it's 16 % . Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2017, 10:59 AM

Seems a little high, but there is nothing you can do about it.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Reclined Lounger

Is the battery damaged? I'm just gonna make this easier first off I a, gonna turn the battery percentage back off where I can't be aware the pad will warn me if the battery is too low. And number 2 I'll just put it on the charger every night. Since I'm using it more often because y computer is conning out on me. Will that be ok?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM

I don't think the percentage setting matters at all. I think nightly charging is fine.

I am a big proponent of keeping the battery full more often than not.

I charge my phone every night and the iPad every 2 nights (or when it gets below 40%).

Old 02-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Reclined Lounger

I meant I turn it off so it won't worry me, hehe. As longs as it lets you know when the battery is low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topic: About battery drainage

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.