Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Router Question iPad

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-16-2014, 03:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

Router Question iPad

I just got an iPad2 and have a Linksys WRT54GS When I set up my Touch and Samsung phone, I entered the Web Key (26 characters) and it worked fine when the device asked for the pw for the wi fi router. The iPad does not allow 26 characters and if there is a different PW, I have no idea what it is. My friend set it up 5 years ago. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do ti fix this. HELP

Never mind fixed

Last edited by silverpodgirl; 03-16-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added update

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Brainwashed Right Winger

If you set it up 5 years ago odds are that it's using WEP encryption. I don't know that the iPad block the use of WEP but it may. You might want to Google WEP and iPad2 or something to see.

That being said, WEP is very old and not very secure. I would suggest getting some help to change the security settings on your router to WPA.

Chris

iPhone 5s 16GB | iPad Mini 1Gen 16GB | 16gig iPad | Unibody MacBook Pro
Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 PM

He OP solved this issue about one hour after they made their original post. I'm guessing it was something along the lines of them forgetting their network password or not working with the encryption. Either way, the op is good.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Router Question iPad

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.