Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to transfer my videos and pictures fom PC to my I pad

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

How to transfer my videos and pictures fom PC to my I pad

I just got my new I pad and I have so many videos and pictures , I need some help how to transfer them from my laptop to I pad

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 PM

The videos need to be compatible for the iPad. You can see if they are compatible with 2 steps.

1. Import Videos into iTunes
  • drag from Windows Explorer
  • Drop onto the iTunes Movies section
If you get an error, they are NOT compatible with iTunes AND the iPad, and you'll need to convert them.
The Complete Guide to iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Video Conversion (Windows) | iLounge Article

2. Sync the videos to the iPad
  • plug in the iPad
  • click on the iPad
  • click on the Movies section
  • click on Sync Movies check box
  • change the drop down from Automatically Sync All Movies to Sync Selected Movies (to make sure you don't run out of space if you have a lot of movies)
  • Put check marks next to each movie you would like sync until the bar of space at the bottom is less than full.
  • press the Apply or Sync button

Pictures are usually in JPG format so they are usually compatible.
3. Sync the pictures to the iPad
  • plug in the iPad
  • click on the iPad
  • click on the Photos section
  • click on Sync Photos check box (you can use the default of My Pictures or Choose a folder.
  • Change the selection from All Folders or Selected Folders to make sure you don't run out of space if you have a lot of pictures)
  • Put check marks next to each folder you would like sync until the bar of space at the bottom is less than full.
  • press the Apply or Sync button

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

How to transfer my videos and pictures fom PC to my I pad

If you want to transfer pictures from your iPad to your computer, connect your iPad with a USB cable to the computer. Windows will recognize the iPad as a hard drive and will prompt you with your options, so you can open and view files

Regards,
Joel
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM

The method that joelcarmel stated does not work when syncing photos to an iPad. You must use iTunes, there is no way around that. Manually copying photos to an iPad, through Windows Explorer (not to be confused with Internet Explorer) doesn't work at all. You can only copy photos off of an iPad using this method and the photos must be taken with the iPad or saved by the iPad in an app (such as Safari).

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 PM

There is a way to get photos onto an iOS device without iTunes, but it doesn't work for video. For Windows there is the "iCloud Control Panel" software from Apple that syncs iCloud Photo Streams to your computer, and it is bi-directional (i.e. iPad --> iCloud --> PC, and PC --> iCloud --> iPad). Surely there's a Mac way to do this too.

Maybe not the best way to load up pictures onto your iOS device, and it won't do video, but the nice thing is you can do this from any computer and not just the one with your iTunes library on it.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM

Veteran Lounger

Photo Streams can be used through iPhoto on compatible Mac computers.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 PM

I forgot about iCloud photo streaming. I forgot because it's all automatic with OS X. I take a picture on my iPhone, connect to a wi-fi network, and the photos show up in my iPhoto library without me having to plug my iPhone in. Same if I take a photo with my iPad, Mac's camera, or add a photo to my iPhoto library on my Mac.

That being said, I don't recommend iCloud for actually syncing photos to an iOS device as it is all network dependent. You must be connected to a network in order to view new photos added to the photo stream. Syncing via iTunes is still the fastest route and the most organized method (photo streams are all by date).

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 AM

Freshman Lounger

"If you get an error, they are NOT compatible with iTunes AND the iPad, and you'll need to convert them."
The moderator is right. And I just worry that you may choose the effing video converter with virus as I did a Month ago. So I wanna help you select the right video converter. Free ones like Aneesoft video converter working very well for me, and Handbrake is also a good choice.
Good luck! :P

Topic: How to transfer my videos and pictures fom PC to my I pad

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.