Ipad 3 disabled No Previous Sync

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

alandlaney

Help, my sons Ipad 3 is now disabled - he forgot passcode.
Ipad has never been sync'd to Itunes
May have been automatically back up to Icloud - provided that option is already enabled when new - my son unlikely to set to ON.
When son's Ipad connected to MY Itunes (used with my ipad) comes up with message "ipad locked with passcode - please unlock"
The only DEVICE it lists is my Ipad.
Ideas?

Sparkee

It will have to be Restored as new if you do not have the Passcode. If it is backed up to iCloud you can Restore it as new using your computer then do not let it Restore using your back up. Disconnect your iPad from your computer, then power it up and log into the iCloud account he uses when the setup assistant prompts you. If the passcode was set before the last back up it may still be active in the backup as well, then you will have to Restore as new and start over.

alandlaney

Tried switching off

Managed to turn iPad off, however when I turn IPad back on it just takes me back to screen "IPad disabled" so I am unable to log on to iCloud or reset to new

Sparkee

As stated above you have to Restore it as a new device using iTunes on your computer. Once Restored start up the iPad and the setup assistant will prompt you for the Apple ID. If there is a back up it will restore it to the backup. If there is no backup you will be starting over. Be aware even once restored the passcode lock may still be set.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Help, my sons Ipad 3 is now disabled - he forgot passcode.
Ipad has never been sync'd to Itunes
As stated above you need to use a computer to get it back. But since you have never sync'd to a computer before you have to put it into recovery mode.

Refer to Apple article here: iOS: Device disabled after entering wrong passcode

Under "If you have never synced your device with iTunes" the instructions are:

1- Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2- Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

3- While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.

4- Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button.

5- iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device.