Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iOS Safari bookmarks - organize doesn't work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

iOS Safari bookmarks - organize doesn't work

ok... it's not a huge deal, but it's been bugging me! so, each time i try to organize my safari bookmarks on my iphone or ipad, like put them in alpha order or what not, as soon as i'm done and close down safari then open it back up, the bookmarks go back to how they were BEFORE i organized them. bugs the crap out of me!

is this happening to anyone else? does anyone know of a fix? would love for the icloud tabs to be able to work properly between my devices.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 PM

Are you syncing your Safari bookmarks with your iCloud account? (Settings/ iCloud/ Safari/ ON) If you are, try turning that off to see if your changes "stick".

- If that helps, then turn this setting OFF on all your other devices.

- On the device whose bookmarks have been re-arranged, turn the iCloud setting back ON for Safari for that device only and see if they are still arranged how you want them.

- If they still look good, then turn the iCloud Safari setting back ON for your other devices, and pray that those don't push their bookmark order to the one device you corrected!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

awesome, thanks for your help.

i was able to rearrange the bookmarks once i turned iCloud off, but once i turned it back on it prompted to sync those settings to other devices. i said sure and then it said there was a problem verifying the sync. odd.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:29 PM

OK, part way there I suppose. You may need to log out of iCloud on all your devices, then back into iCloud just with the one where you've set your bookmarks, then turn the Safari sync back ON. If you get no errors, then log into iCloud on your other devices and set the Safari sync back ON for those ... hopefully the bookmarks will get pushed correctly to the other devices.

There seem to be some issues with bookmarks in general, where sometimes they disappear. I haven't seen this but on the Apple forum it seems like a popular gripe. The workaround seems to be to force-kill Safari and/or clear your Cookies and Data in Safari Settings.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

update:

reorganized bookmarks on my iphone. turned on icloud/safari on the iphone. turned on icloud/safari on the ipad mini. bookmarks were pushed just fine, but they were completely messed up again! once i make a change, as in reorganize by dragging a folder into a different spot or moving a bookmark into a folder, it automatically organizes them according to some random Apple way.

i'm glad that i'm not experiencing the disappearing bookmark thing that a lot of others are, but i'm still oddly curious why the reorg is happening so strangely. any ideas?

Topic: iOS Safari bookmarks - organize doesn't work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.