Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: the iPad have external speakers

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-17-2013, 10:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

the iPad have external speakers

I've been thinking about getting an iPad. I was wondering if it had any sort of external speakers (or like the iPhone, doesn't, but still can project sound)? And also if you can plug a regular headphone jack into it. It seems like it would be pretty thin (I've never used an iPad) so it seems kind of like regular headphones wouldn't be able to plug into it.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:40 PM

Veteran Lounger

I believe you mean an internal speaker. The iPad, touch and iPhone all have an internal speaker. It is not great sounding but is adequate. The iPad has Bluetooth which can be used with many portable wireless speakers for a little better sound. There is also AirPlay speakers which the iPad can connect to over a wifi network.

All iPods and iOS devices including the iPad will accept a standard 1/8" headphone connector. They will also use the headphones with controls and microphone made for Apple devices.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: the iPad have external speakers

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.