Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Backup Question

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-29-2013, 12:46 PM

Junior Lounger

Backup Question

Let me see if I can explain this my wife and I share our office desktop computer (PC) but we both have our own User Accounts. On my wife's User Account I set up iTunes with her own Apple Account and under my User Account I have iTunes set up with my own Apple Account. My wife got an iPad Mini for Xmas and I got an iPad 4 but she decided to return her white one for a black one.

Ok before I sent hers back I backed it up in iTunes to our computer but didn't realize until after I had sent it back I had backed it up in iTunes under my User Account instead of hers. So when I open iTunes under my User Account I not only have my iPad backed up but also her iPad Mini.

I hope this is all making sense since I backed up her iPad Mini in iTunes under my User Account if I restore it from there will it link her iPad to my Apple account? If so it looks like I would be better off setting it up from scratch again.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM

I don't think the iTunes account of the iTunes Store has any bearing on the backup. The iTunes store link for the iPad is inside of the backup.

I would restore the new iPad with the backup you made on your account. Then I would switch to your wife's account and sync it. Once that is complete, I would delete the backup under your account.
C:\Users\<login>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup is where they are. You can tell the differences by date. The date on the directories changes based on the last sync and backup.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM

Junior Lounger

Many thanks I will try what you suggested!

Topic: Backup Question

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.