Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: IPad Calendar - Outlook

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-30-2012, 05:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

IPad Calendar - Outlook

Hi

I have been struggling for several days to do something I thought would be very easy. This is almost embarrassing, but I cannot manage to get my Outlook (2010) and Ipad Calendar to sync wireless. Can someone please explain me what to do in simple steps?

Cheers

K

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 PM

I would think that if you had WiFi Sync turned on, it would work automatically.

Connect the iPad to iTunes with the wire, click on the iPad.
Put a check mark next to Sync with this iPad over Wifi.
Click Apply and wait for sync to complete.
Leave iTunes running.

Disconnect the iPad from the computer.
Plug the iPad into the wall, and the sync should happen, calendar and all.

You may be able to force a wireless sync unplugged by going to Settings->iTunes Wi-Fi Sync and press Sync Now.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-31-2012, 03:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you for your replay. I am sorry, my initial question was not clear enough. What I am trying to achieve is for my Outlook calendar and my Ipad calendar to sync wirelessly in real-time. So when I add an appointment in Outlook it immediately pops up on my ipad calendar. Without me having to initiate a sync or anything like this. In the same way as mails do. This should be possible, but I do not manage

K
Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 AM

Been around a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by khajuraho View Post
Thank you for your replay. I am sorry, my initial question was not clear enough. What I am trying to achieve is for my Outlook calendar and my Ipad calendar to sync wirelessly in real-time. So when I add an appointment in Outlook it immediately pops up on my ipad calendar. Without me having to initiate a sync or anything like this. In the same way as mails do. This should be possible, but I do not manage

K
Your going to have to use a 3rd party app or go at it what i would call sidways.

Here is what I have come up with off the top of my head. You could create or use a google email account that includes a calender. You could ad an appointment on your ipad then it would sync with "googles cloud" so to speak.

On your desktop you add that email account to outlook via IMAP. Now most email programs are set to check for new items at a set interval of time. When your desktop does this it should pull in your appointments to your calender.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Senior Lounger

Exactly, I was going to suggest adding a Google CalDAV account to your iPhone then adding the Google account to outlook via IMAP. This should bring realtime changes from your iPad calendar to your Google calendar and into your Outlook.

Regarding 3rd party apps, there exist apps where you can direct-export iPad calendar to Outlook. However, this does not act as real-time sync.

Topic: IPad Calendar - Outlook

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.