Folders In Library and facebook contacts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bkgala

Hep I tunes and Ipad
I am a Novice....Few queries

Supposing I have three users of Ipad. All have their diff choice of music they keep in their folder.When we import the folder the song file are seen individually in library.Now when I want to make playlist separately as per each one's choice it becomes difficult to search all three folders song file as they reside together and not in seperate folder in library and its a waste of time.Does Itune import the folder itself and shows folder in library?To select and make separate playlist from separate folder is easier

Can we import outlook address book in IPAD ?

Face book contacts comes automatically.70 % are useless not having require information.Can we avoid importing them a we are three users of IPAD and all three have seperate face book accounts..I know to hide them ...How to delete them at one go

cjmnews

Staff member
Music:
You should use iTunes to separate the music into playlists.

If you go into Songs view, then you should see a list of all the songs. Right click any header, and put a checkmark next to Date Added. Then you can click on the column Date Added to sort by that column.

Since you imported the music from separate folders then now your music should be sorted in a way that you can find the cutoff for each folder. Click the first song and scroll down until the date added changes by more than a few seconds, hold Shift and click the last song that should be in the first folder set. Then right click one of the selected songs and choose New Playlist from Selection. Name it by the folder or person that likes those songs.

Repeat for the 2nd and third person.

Or you could delete everything from your library (answering Keep Files when it asks you what to do with the song files) and import the first folder, select ALL and make a playlist. Import second folder sort by date added select the new ones and make a playlist. Import third folder sort by date added, select the new ones and make a playlist.

Outlook:
Yes. Plug the iPad into your computer, click on it. Click on the Info tab, put a checkmark next to Sync Contacts with and make sure Outlook is selected. This is assuming you have a recent version of Outlook. Some older versions (2000, 2003) are no longer supported for syncing. Press the Apply button to save the setting and sync.

Facebook:
I have not seen Facebook add contacts on my iPhone or iPad. But there is a resolution to your problem.
Go back to the Info tab in iTunes. Scroll down to Advanced. Put a checkmark next to Contacts and press Apply. This will erase all existing contacts in the iPad and replace them with the ones from Outlook.