Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPad case shown on "Modern Family" episode...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPad case shown on "Modern Family" episode...

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could be of help. Did anyone catch the latest episode of the sitcom of "Modern Family" that aired on 11/14/12? The title of the episode was name "Mistery Date" starring a cameo appearance of Matthew Broderick.

Anyway, the first 5 minutes showed Phil with an iPad with a nice case. It didn't seem like a genuine Apple one. It appeared to be a nice light brown / tan cover with a nice dark grey / gunmetal that protected the bottom. It was very sleek and I can't for the life of me find it with all of these vendors.

Would anyone happen to have recognized it and know who is the make and vendor? Trust me, I tried googling the term "iPad case shown on Modern Family" and no results.

Yes, I know there are thousands of cases out there but the color combination like the one that I saw seems very hard to find.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

Anyone? Thanks for your help!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 PM

I remember seeing that episode and the iPad in its case but I don't remember what it looked like. Perhaps you will have better luck if you post a few stills from the episode as people may not be able to go back and watch the first 5 minutes for you. You won't be violating anything if you post a few pictures from the episode.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for your reply. The IDMB website has a slideshow of the episode where Phil is holding the iPad case. The iPad case is shown on slide # 6, 7, and 10

Pictures & Photos from Mistery Date - IMDb

I can't find it anywhere. I tried the iLounge iPad case reviews, clicked on some sponsors, check major online retailer websites and even started going to the websites of the manufacturers. I'm hoping someone can recognize it and know automatically which one. I know there are zillions of cases out there but why is it so difficult to find a simple dark grey case with a light tan cover? : )
Old 12-20-2012, 06:17 AM

More screenshots would help as all I could see was the kinda orange-ish back of the case.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 12-22-2012, 10:41 AM

runningbear30
Banned

The two really best protection cases I know about are the Lifeproof and the Griffin Survivor both offer great shock protection the Survivor is lite rain and splash proof but not submerging under water proof and has a plastic screen cover. The lifeproof is sealed with O-Rings and is water proof can with stand submerging under water it does not have a see through screen cover but does come with a protection cover that must be removed to view the screen. Because of it's material design the Survivor is a larger package then the Lifproof, but both are able to withstand rough treatment and being dropped on a hard surface. amazon has the Griffin Survivor for $42 it's highly discounted also Amazon has the lifeproof at $97 have not found it to be discounted. Another small detail the Lifeproof is fairly simple to install and fits well on the iPad the Survivor take a little more doing to get installed but it fits really well on the iPad. Both cases are quality and will do a great job of protection but if you intend on taking your iPad swimming with you then it's the Lifeproof. Also no leather on either case.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

First Looks: Odoyo SlimCoat for iPad mini | iLounge

Topic: iPad case shown on "Modern Family" episode...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.