Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Transfer AT&T Unlimited Data Plan

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-19-2012, 03:30 PM

Junior Lounger

Transfer AT&T Unlimited Data Plan

Just tranferred my AT&T Unlimited Data Plan from my iPad 1 to my New iPad (3rd Gen). I went through the 1-800-331-0500 number and asked for the section which manages iPad Unlimited Data Plan transfers from old to new iPads. I was transferred (no waiting) and talked to a knowledgeable rep who walked me through the process.

Process with AT&T Rep is as follows:

1. Rep verified my old iPad information using my old iPad Cellular Number, email address, and name.
2. Directed I power down (turn completely off) my old iPad.
3. Turn on new iPad and turn off WiFi.
4. On new iPad goto Settings - Cellular Data - View Account and Log-in.
5. After log-in is a new screen with Data Plans -- ensure "Unlimited Plan" for $29.95 is checked (it should be already) -- Then press "Next" on that screen.
6. Terms and Conditions Screen -- "Agree".
7. Screen comes up indicating AT&T is updating plan.
8. Wait till that screen goes away.
9. Power Down (turn off) New iPad completely -- wait ten seconds -- restart to Apple icon on screen and let iPad reboot.
10. Upper Left screen indicates AT&T Network acquired (signal bars present) -- 4G or LTE if within range of 4G.
11. Check that you can connect with websites through Safari Browser -- Yes.
12. Back to Settings -- General -- About Screen.
13. Confirm with rep that IMEI and ICCID on iPad matches what just updated in their system.

That's it! Five Minutes and transfer complete. According to other posters this process can all be done without a customer rep. However, the rep can see what's happening in their system and confirm everything transferred correctly and that service continuity is maintained. In the unlikely event a problem occurs they can help sort it out immediately.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 AM

Freshman Lounger

New iPad 32gb $529 with unlimited 4g

Best Buy has a trade in program! $220.00 for my old iPad 1 16GB 3G unlimited; New iPad with 32GB with 4G unlimited. I just plugged it in and follow the prompts when it asked me for my ATT password and id. I did have a problem with the 1st one... my PC would not recognize/see it? Took it back to Best Buy Sunday and got another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones18 View Post
Just transferred my AT&T Unlimited Data Plan from my iPad 1 to my New iPad (3rd Gen). I went through the 1-800-331-0500 number and asked for the section which manages iPad Unlimited Data Plan transfers from old to new iPads. I was transferred (no waiting) and talked to a knowledgeable rep who walked me through the process.

Process with AT&T Rep is as follows:

1. Rep verified my old iPad information using my old iPad Cellular Number, email address, and name.
2. Directed I power down (turn completely off) my old iPad.
3. Turn on new iPad and turn off WiFi.
4. On new iPad goto Settings - Cellular Data - View Account and Log-in.
5. After log-in is a new screen with Data Plans -- ensure "Unlimited Plan" for $29.95 is checked (it should be already) -- Then press "Next" on that screen.
6. Terms and Conditions Screen -- "Agree".
7. Screen comes up indicating AT&T is updating plan.
8. Wait till that screen goes away.
9. Power Down (turn off) New iPad completely -- wait ten seconds -- restart to Apple icon on screen and let iPad reboot.
10. Upper Left screen indicates AT&T Network acquired (signal bars present) -- 4G or LTE if within range of 4G.
11. Check that you can connect with websites through Safari Browser -- Yes.
12. Back to Settings -- General -- About Screen.
13. Confirm with rep that IMEI and ICCID on iPad matches what just updated in their system.

That's it! Five Minutes and transfer complete. According to other posters this process can all be done without a customer rep. However, the rep can see what's happening in their system and confirm everything transferred correctly and that service continuity is maintained. In the unlikely event a problem occurs they can help sort it out immediately.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Senior Lounger

Does the iPad3 have the ability to become a hotspot without being jailbroken?

| 4th gen iPod touch 8GB | 4th gen Shuffle 2GB | iPad Mini1 32GB | iPad3 16GB 4G | Apple TV (gen 3) | 160GB Classic | iPhone 4 | 6th gen 8GB Nano | iPad1 32GB 3G | 4th gen iPod touch 8GB | 2nd gen iPod touch 16GB | 3rd gen iPod 10GB | 5th gen iPod 60GB | 2nd gen 2GB Nano | 1st gen 4GB Nano | 1st gen 1GB Nano | 2nd gen Shuffle 1GB | 3rd gen 8GB Nano | 1st gen Shuffle 512MB |
Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Does the iPad3 have the ability to become a hotspot without being jailbroken?
Yes, if using the Verizon Data Plan.

No, if using the AT&T Data Plan (AT&T says they are working on it).

Topic: Transfer AT&T Unlimited Data Plan

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.