Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sync Calendar & Contacts with something other than Outlook

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-03-2011, 02:05 PM

Junior Lounger

Sync Calendar & Contacts with something other than Outlook

I sync my Calendar, Contacts & Notes from Outlook 2003 through iTunes to my iPad and iPod. I want to quit using Outlook.

I am starting to use Evernote for my notes which I can sync to PC and devices so it's just for calendar and contacts.

I'd also like to use my calendar and contacts off-line with my PC which I can do with Outlook.

And is iTunes my only way to sync my iPad & iPod to my devices?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:19 PM

Junior Lounger

You can use gmail....I don't like it as well as Outlook but it's what my kids and wife use. Evernote is awesome, I have just started using about a month ago but really like it.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks for the post mbart.

I can't believe how great Evernote is. Everything goes into it now. I didn't mention I had over a thousand notes in Outlook but already have over two hundred and fifty in Evernote in just a couple months. I throw everything in there, especially pictures.

I'm still using Outlook which is still doing a good job. Adding my notes to both programs at this point. I do have trouble syncing my Outlook Notes thru iTunes and I found that if a note does not start on the first line and as far to the left as possible, it will not sync.

Looks like I'll being using both programs at this point.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-10-2011, 06:56 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwolfe View Post
Thanks for the post mbart.

I can't believe how great Evernote is. Everything goes into it now. I didn't mention I had over a thousand notes in Outlook but already have over two hundred and fifty in Evernote in just a couple months. I throw everything in there, especially pictures.

I'm still using Outlook which is still doing a good job. Adding my notes to both programs at this point. I do have trouble syncing my Outlook Notes thru iTunes and I found that if a note does not start on the first line and as far to the left as possible, it will not sync.

Looks like I'll being using both programs at this point.

Merry Christmas
Why don't you move everything into EN? I was using Paperport prior to EN to scan and store all of my documents, about two years ago I went paperless. I never really liked PP, it was ok but not great and now that I have found EN I have moved everything there.....Outlook notes, PDF files, statements, etc.

Mike
Old 12-10-2011, 09:11 AM

Junior Lounger

I'm definitely heading in that direction although I have over 1,000 notes to transfer over to EN. I was really having a problem w/ Outlook Notes syncing with iTunes but it's working well now because of the "note" entries I mentioned. But I'm heading to Evernote except that I still use Outlook and iTunes for my Calendar and Contacts and I like the calendar and contacts being on my local machine.

Hesitate going to Google because I don't ever want to be in a position (Internet down) where I couldn't get my info from Calendar and Contacts.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

gmail is the best option for me for about a year already. can reach, add/edit/sync my contacts from any place

Topic: Sync Calendar & Contacts with something other than Outlook

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.