Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Lost Apps during ios 5 upgrade

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

Lost Apps during ios 5 upgrade

I just synced my ipad 1 through itunes and upgraded it to ios5. For some reason i lost Apple Keynote during the process. Its not on my ipad and its not in my itunes, it just disappeared. Anyone else have the same problem? can i get it back or do I need to purchase again?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM

Apps can be re-downloaded for free as long as you're signed into the same iTunes account that you used to purchase them.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks. Unfortunately, if i go to the apps store on my ipad and sign in I still cant get Keynote back without paying! Its as if I never downloaded it. Interestingly, Pages and Numbers stayed on my ipad just fine during upgrade but keynote disappeared
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 PM

Are you certain that you're using the same Apple ID/ account that you used to purchase Keynote? If so, then maybe try downloading it from your computer's iTunes account. If you still are looking at being charged, then perhaps this is a glitch with the iCloud rollout, or perhaps Keynote is a different class of app that doesn't allow re-downloads (not sure if that's even a possibility, maybe its time to talk to Apple).
Old 10-20-2011, 02:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

you can redownload them. just do the same process as buying them but it wont charge you.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

I upgraded and lost a pre-loaded app form my company's iPad. I obviously changed my apple id since then. Can I go back and sign in with the old id, get the app, and then somehow add it to mine?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've just bought a new iMac and between syncing my iPhone and iPad I've had a few problems, but then found them all in my iTunes so all is well.

Topic: Lost Apps during ios 5 upgrade

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.