Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Show iPad on my Window's PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Show iPad on my Window's PC

I'm in love with my iPad and all the applications. That being said how do I show my iPad on my Window's PC so I can demonstrate why I like iPads so much? I teach Time Value of Money and I'd like to be able to show the Power One App on my iPad, and have it show up on my Windows PC while I am recording my screen.

I've read alot and looks like I may have to jailbreak my iPad - although I would prefer not, but may be given no choice.

Can anyone give me a way to show and demonstrate my iPad on my Windows notebook PC, without jailbreaking it? And if jailbreaking the iPad is the only answer what are the consequences of jailbreaking?

Thanks everyone. I really need your help.

Divina Westerfield
National Note Association (dot) com

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:12 AM

Its not possible and I don't think that jailbreaking will allow raw video output of iOS and all of its apps (which is what you would need). To my knowledge, the only way to show off iOS and running apps on any PC (regardless of OS) is to have an iPad emulator installed on it. Unfortunately, I think you can obtain one only if you are an app developer, it is expensive, and it runs under Mac OS X only.

There are other options for showing off the iPad but I don't think there is really anything if you want to use a notebook to do it. You could always use a high resolution webcam (such as a 720p model from Microsoft or Logitech, so long as your computer has the horse power to run it) and point it down at the iPad. It may sound a little sloppy but, with the proper lighting and webcam, you can produce pretty good results. That would also allow you to show off the iPad and app to people online via video conferences.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM

Married Man of Mystery

I thought kornchild was wrong, then I re-read the thread and decided to share this instead.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

Try purchasing the software Reflection. It can be found at reflectionapp. dot com. Great software that uses AirPlay on iPhone 4s and iPad2/3 to screen share your entire device screen on your PC or Mac. After downloading, click the support tab on the website for instructions on locating AirPlay on your devide. I use the software for recording App demos on my PC
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

Teamviewer anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topic: Show iPad on my Window's PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.