Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I don't want to sync ipod touch apps to ipad HELP PLEASE

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face I don't want to sync ipod touch apps to ipad HELP PLEASE

I have an ipod touch. I have recently purchased an Ipad. I do NOT want the same apps on both devices. When I first hooked up the IPAD it tried to sync the same apps on my ipad that is on my ipod. I knew how to stop it from doing that but my question is--Does the ipad need to be on a seperate computer to have seperate apps Or is there a way to do this on 1 computer. I know this question has probably been asked before and I do apologize but I have searched this forum for 1 1/2 hours and can't find the answer. Please help. Is there a way to manually "drag files to ipad?" I am pretty new and have only had the ipod about 3 months so please go into detail if possible. Thanks in advance

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:35 AM

Married Man of Mystery

Welcome to iLounge, Georgiadaisy

The iPad doesn't need to be on a seperate computer to have seperate apps. You just choose what apps go where the same way You would with Your iPod touch. iTunes groups apps into the categories of 'iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad apps' 'iPhone and iPod Touch apps' and 'iPad apps' to make them easier to sort out, but You still have to wadede through all of your apps to find the ones You want to install on your iPad.

Hope that helps
Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

Once you plug your ipad into the computer, go into the apps (of the device), untick the automatically sync new apps. You are then able to control what you want on your ipad.

Topic: I don't want to sync ipod touch apps to ipad HELP PLEASE

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.