iPad Pre-Orders Reach 91,000 on 1st Day - Page 4 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPad Pre-Orders Reach 91,000 on 1st Day

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Castillo View Post
You previously stated something to the effect of you hate doing a google search for ipad articles and having a bunch of nothing sites come up in the results. For that my advice would be not to do the google search.
Oh, so because your site and a hundred like it have infected the search results of Google, you believe I should stop looking for news about the iPad? Sorry, but you're not that important.

Quote:
I am also fascinated by your statements on economics, which clearly demonstrate that you are clueless on the subject.
Let me see now. You questioned my use of grammar and was wrong. You questioned my spelling and was wrong. You changed the words of my posts to suit your own meaning and was wrong. You elect to misunderstand the simplest of concepts and are wrong...

I don't think I'll worry too much about your opinion of my grasp of economics. Because, hey, you're wrong again.

I think it's time I stopped feeding the troll. Therefore, as I did last time, I'll stop this discussion before you drag this thread down any further. No doubt you'll drag the topic across to yet another thread... I said last time that you'd have to have the last word, and I was right.

Peace!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:18 PM

Martin Castillo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSRinUK View Post
I don't think I'll worry too much about your opinion of my grasp of economics. Because, hey, you're wrong again.
Is this the best that you can come up with. Everyone is wrong because you say so. The Korean Times published the article relative to the screen pricing from Samsung and LG. Maybe you should take it up with them. Everything isn't black and white as you suggest. Discounts are usually given in bulk. Say 1 Million to 10 Million at x price and 10 million to 20 million at y price. But then again I suppose you are more experienced at purchasing technology related items then Apple. Did you email Steve Jobs yet and tell him the proper price to pay for his iPad screens?

You have a leg up on grammar, but as far as economics go it would be better for you to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it up and remove all doubt.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Is this the best that you can come up with. Everyone is wrong because you say so. The Korean Times published the article relative to the screen pricing from Samsung and LG. Maybe you should take it up with them. Everything isn't black and white as you suggest. Discounts are usually given in bulk. Say 1 Million to 10 Million at x price and 10 million to 20 million at y price. But then again I suppose you are more experienced at purchasing technology related items then Apple. Did you email Steve Jobs yet and tell him the proper price to pay for his iPad screens?
You do like building these straw men. I thought that you would have figured out by now that you can't bait me with straw man arguments.

Quote:
it would be better for you to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it up and remove all doubt.
Oh, the last resort of the defeated man - the personal insults. It had to come.

The only reason you want me to "shut up" is because I dared to question the article on the website that you say you have no vested interest in. I'm sure you'd like everyone who questions your website to "shut up".

Here's a news flash for you - Earlier in this thread, I've already said that, in the future, I'd be wary of posting comments about your website. That should be enough for you. However, as you delight in not reading my posts in your efforts to misrepresent my views, I'm not surprised that you'd rather rant on and resort to personal insults than to read my words.

I'm here to engage in happy discourse with my fellow iPad enthusiasts. You seem to be here for no other purpose than to promote your website and defend it against any criticism with straw man arguments.

As I said before, I'm ending my participation in this discussion with you. If you persist with the personal insults, I'll bring this matter to the attention of the mods.

Topic: iPad Pre-Orders Reach 91,000 on 1st Day

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.