• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

Recommended eBook reader?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Glitcher

I'm looking to read eBooks on my iPod, but I'm not sure which reader to go with. There's GoodReader, QuickReader, Reader Lite and probably loads more I'm not aware of. Can you recommend one, and preferably a site where I can download eBooks?

Glitcher

@jacklinjones
I meant an eBook reader APP, not the device itself.

@anypats
Apps like iBooks and Eucalyptus are worthless because they only deal with public domain books available for download on Project Gutenberg. What if you want to read something by, say, Isaac Asimov. You're screwed! I'm looking for an app where I can download eBooks from third-party sites and/or upload them from my computer.

bromia

Get newest iPod Touch update

The newest update for you iPod Touch (which is free!) enables it for book reading. When you update and then open the App store on your iPod, it will automatically ask you if you would like Apple's free e-book app. I have not played with it much, as I just downloaded it, but it looks as though Apple is trying to really synch the iPod touch with the eBook market.

anypats

iBooks IS an app and is not only for public domain books. You can also purchase books (including Isaac Asimov), new releases, etc. iBooks also allows you to add any books in ePub format.