Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I hope this is okay to ask. App question

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

I hope this is okay to ask. App question

My cousin has an application on his ipod touch that I would like to put on my iphone. I use to have it on my iphone and then my son accidentally deleted it and now it is no longer available in the app store or I would download it again. I have paid for this application but I can't get it back because it is also not in my itunes library. Can I get that application from his ipod touch to my iphone through my itunes library without wiping out either device? His device is synced with his friends computer so it's not easily accesible. I don't want any music, I just want the applications. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Veteran Lounger

The problem you will have is that the app will need to be authorized. If you try and authorize it under the friend's account, you are going to unauthorize the other apps and songs you have purchased. If what you are wanting to do was possible, people could just purchase an app and give it to all their friends. Even though you legally purchased it, what you are wanting to do is not possible. Now if you have a jailbroken iPod touch, there may be ways to do it.

Topic: I hope this is okay to ask. App question

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.