• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

ipod 4th gen. 20gb classic battery life?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jimtone

I took out my ipod after years of non use to find the battery was bad and ordered another to install. After install, I charged it and it played all my music but the battery only worked for 3 hours and takes 5 hours to charge when plugged into an Apple charger. If I fully charge but don't play anything, the next day it is dead? The only way to turn it on is to plug into a charger and the Apple logo appears then the empty battery with a caution sign with ! in it then begins charging for 5 hours again? I have the lighted dial turned off and can't understand what is draining this new battery which has the same model# as my original battery? I joined this forum because I've been doing GOOGLE searches daily for a week since installing the new battery but only find generic answers that leed to battery changes and logic board troubles? Mine opened fine with no issues and I had all the correct tools and I wore latex gloves during the installation.

jimtone

I guess there is no interests in this devise? The trouble is that it never worked smoothly and was by no means cheap to purchase! I see many threads about the battery life problems of this Ipod but it's almost dead trying to get anyone to sound in on the issues I'm having now the the battery has been changed? Can someone sound in on where I can get any real information on this devise ( IPOD 4th Gen.)??

cjmnews

Staff member
Not a lot of hardware people here. Based on older discussions, the culprit is likely the ribbon cable that connects the battery to the main board. it is damaged and needs replacing, but it could be a number of other things as well.

You can search the site using Google. Use the term: site:forums.ilounge.com ipod classic battery replacement
Add and remove terms as needed. For example, you could add drain, or change replacement to install