Problem with trying to load earlier stories on ilounge homepage from iPad - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Problem with trying to load earlier stories on ilounge homepage from iPad

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-01-2015, 01:28 AM

Ipod, do you?

Problem with trying to load earlier stories on ilounge homepage from iPad

I was wondering if it is my iPad, or the site? Looking through the main page on ilounge, and tapping previous articles does nothing for some reason. I cannot read any articles except what is on the first page. Anybody else having this issue? I don't have it on any other site.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Can you give some URLs so I can be sure I am looking at the same pages?

I'd like to see if this is universal.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-02-2015, 03:59 PM

Ipod, do you?

It's the main lounge home page. I click in All things iPod, iPhone, iPad and Beyond | iLounge. I read the stories scrolling to the bottom and then tap "load earlier stories". Nothing happens, the color turns to gray, nothing loads.

Just tried it on my iPhone 6+ as well and the same thing happens. Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Problem with trying to load earlier stories on ilounge homepage from iPad-image.jpg  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:33 PM

It appears that Safari does not support all AJAX functionality.

I found a number of articles on this. The page you are referencing uses AJAX to add more content below the spot where you click "Load More Stories".

I can't do much with that as I have no access to that part of the site. I can forward this to an administrator.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-17-2015, 12:09 AM

Ipod, do you?

Just to bump this thread up a few months later, am I the only one that finds it a little odd that I cannot read all the stories about iPhone and iPad.....on an iPhone or an iPad? Seriously, this is the only blog of any type that I visit which I cannot navigate around....I've been a member for 10 years and used to love this site, now I barely visit because I cannot get past the first few stories. please fix this.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Hi and thanks for the report. We've been upgrading a few back-end components of the site, and as a result haven't really gotten a chance to look at this one yet. It oddly doesn't seem to affect all users, so I haven't tracked down the exact cause, but I have managed to reproduce it in some cases. I've bumped up the priority and will try and see what I can do about fixing or optimizing that chunk of code.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:58 PM

Well, I'm happy to report that after sacrificing a few woodland creatures under the full moon and reading their entrails, the problem seems to have been fixed. Turns out there are some seriously obscure Javascript differences between the iOS version of Safari and the desktop one, but the fixes are pretty much voodoo magic.... Many other reports of folks having similar problems all ended with statements like, "I don't know why this fix worked, but I'm just going to go with it and not question the magic."

At any rate, please check it out and let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:45 AM

Junior Lounger

It's fixed! Just tried it on the iPhone.

Topic: Problem with trying to load earlier stories on ilounge homepage from iPad

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.