Broken Pull-Down Menus? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Broken Pull-Down Menus?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM

Broken Pull-Down Menus?

Lately I'm having a problem with the"Search This Forum" and "Quick Links + Your Profile" pull-down menus ... clicking on the arrows on the right no longer brings down the various options for these features. Clicking on the "Search" arrow brings up the full, advanced search and clicking on the "Quick Links" arrow simply re-loads the page. This is happening with IE8 as well as Chrome.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 PM

Veteran Lounger

Workin' fine for me on a Mac/Safari combo; Firefox is OK, too. (Well, they're "dropping" slowly, but that's p'bly accumulated Flash cruft ;-) Sorry, no Window shere to test on. Maybe your computer needs a reboot?

(And if you get things sorted out, could you help me out? Does this problem affect you? Bob sez his machines are fine, but I've reproduced it on Mac & Windows on two different iLounge accounts....makin' me batty!)
Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Thanks for checkin' S2 ... but this happens on both computers I primarily use, one Win 7 and one XP, both with latest versions of IE and Chrome (Flash updated too), and both have been re-booted over the past few days I've had this problem. I'm trying to avoid yet another browser, but I may give Firefox a try if this persists.

I checked on your issue and I have no problem with any multi-page threads, although the example you listed in your post seems to be only one page (I can navigate others with more than one page just fine).
Old 01-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Veteran Lounger

Hmm....there's over 45 posts in the thread I linked to; damn, you got some big prefs ;-)

Tell you what -- I never use the Search feature, and you don't have problems with multi-page threads....how about we swap accounts/prefs? Winner pays for cocktail hour ;-)
Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2_Mac View Post
damn, you got some big prefs ;-)
Heh, heh ... to quote Lili Von Shtupp from Blazing Saddles, "Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2_Mac
Tell you what -- I never use the Search feature, and you don't have problems with multi-page threads....how about we swap accounts/prefs? Winner pays for cocktail hour ;-)
Make mine a Belvedere Martini, up please
Old 01-26-2011, 06:43 PM

Bob

Rock,
No issues for me with the drop menus (Camino or Safari) - will pass it on.

Bob
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Thanks Bob, any suggestions on what might be causing this? I tried my wife's PC at home (Win 7 using IE 8) and it's fine, but the two PCs I use at work (Win 7 and XP) both have this problem with IE and Chrome. Could this be a network setting at work, or could there be a browser setting that needs to be changed?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 AM

Veteran Lounger

Um, not to be too obvious, but you p'bly need to stop going to work, eh? BTW, I ordered you a Belvedere 'tini, but couldn't find you anywhere.... It was nice, but I'll stick with my Tanq & Tonics for now. Skoal!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 AM

Bob

Chrome seems to be the common factor in this issue - maybe start there?

Bob
Old 01-29-2011, 02:53 AM

Chrome on XP works fine, though it's done via Fusion on my MBP.

Your two work machines may have some funny network or config settings that may be the issue, and I can't verify that since I can't install IE8 or Chrome on the PCs at work.

Just get an iPad and use that at work

Topic: Broken Pull-Down Menus?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.