Trouble accessing posts beyond 1st page - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Trouble accessing posts beyond 1st page

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-27-2010, 12:49 PM

Veteran Lounger

Trouble accessing posts beyond 1st page

Maybe I've been gone too long and missed some critical little bit....but the "page number" links are goin' all funky on me,

For instance, take this thread: Does ANY smartlist update on the new 4G touch?. Clicking that link brings me to the first page of responses, no prob. But the link to subsequent pages all behave poorly. With my prefs, the link for page 2 looks like this:
HTML Code:
http://forums.ilounge.com/ipod-touch/262830-does-any-smartlist-update-new-4g-touch-2.html#post1382260
When clicked, that link will start loading the "next" page, but just as it finishes loading the window flashes white (blank) and the first page is reloaded. Ditto for trying the Page 3 link.

If I manually copy the Page 2 link and remove the #post1382260 part, the 2nd page loads fine. It looks to me like the "page n" links are malformed, since the #post1382260 part remains the same for all links, and refers to the original post.

Any suggestions? Or maybe I just need a swift kick upside the head? OS X 10.5.8, Safari 4.05, JavaScript enabled, Java disabled.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:17 PM

Bob

Works fine for me (Safari and Camino) - first page loads, click on 2, 3, 4 and they all load fine.

Bob
Old 11-28-2010, 10:53 AM

Veteran Lounger

Howdy, Bob. Hope things are well in Merrie Olde. So far I can replicate the problem with Safari 4.05 and FF 3.59 under Mac 10.5.8, and with IE 8 and FF 3.6.12 under Windows 7. My "Thread Display Options" are:
Visible Post Elements: Show Signatures, Show Avatars, Show Images
Thread Display Mode: Hybrid
Number of Posts to Show Per Page: forum default
Default Thread Age Cut Off: forum default

Problem only occurs when Thread Display Mode is Hybrid. Here's another example: multitask v. what we have now
On the machines I've tested with so far, the Page 2 link looks like this:
HTML Code:
http://forums.ilounge.com/ipad/265124-multitask-v-what-we-have-now-2.html#post1390222
which is clearly wrong -- the "post1390222" index identifies the OP in the thread, and there's no way that post can show up on "page 2."

Thanks for lookin'.

Topic: Trouble accessing posts beyond 1st page

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.