• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

heavy site traffic these days?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

S2_Mac

Ever since WWDC kicked off, I've been getting frequent "server not responding" failures trying to open iLounge forum pages. Just wondered if the site was seeing big traffic lately, or if a server went on vacation, or whether I've got problems on this end...

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
I haven't noticed any problems that severe or any speed problems at all. Without having any info from the administration side of things, I'd guess that something's wrong on your end.

GuitarRocker

Old iPods Rock!
iLounge Main Site Not Working

I have been unable to access ilounge.com from my iPhone, and Home Computers since yesterday, why?

~tl

Is it giving you a particular error message or just not loading at all? It seems to be working just fine for me here...

The Cos

I'm getting that message too. The main site hasn't worked at all for me since yesterday morning.

I've been getting that message on my iPhone when I try and access the site. I couldn't even get the mobile version to load. The servers stop responding is the message I keep getting. The forums did load last night but it took a long time and repeated tries.

S2_Mac

Honeybee, an of-topic request

Love your sig -- jam-packed with infolacious goodness. (Ahh, you can tell there's a "but" coming, can't you...;-)

But could you edit the #8 item to point to the recent Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer article? It, too, is chock full o'goodness, including new software for new iPods (like TouchCopy), and recommending it in the "Simple Guide" would help get questioners & answerers all on "the same page."

Just a suggestion....

Wilder_K_Wight

Old-School Lounger
I'm also getting a server error, which is weird for me since before I was getting a "No Access" sort of error from being blocked (accidentally, they say).

Even so, I'm not able to get to main site from my work computer, either. It just times out.

S2_Mac said:
Love your sig -- jam-packed with infolacious goodness. (Ahh, you can tell there's a "but" coming, can't you...;-)

But could you edit the #8 item to point to the recent Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer article? It, too, is chock full o'goodness, including new software for new iPods (like TouchCopy), and recommending it in the "Simple Guide" would help get questioners & answerers all on "the same page."

Just a suggestion....
The link is on that section. I moved it up further to make it more visible.

Last edited:

rebelace

The site hasnt been working for me at home or work or any of my co-workers for a couple days now. What is going on? and the forums are super slow as well.

The Cos

Today I'm getting a different message. Now it says:
"Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

I can't access the iPod Touch/iPhone site or the forums on my iPod Touch either.

schmegs

The main site works for me from home, but not from work. I can get to the forums at work (where I am now), but they're slow, as well... It's been that way for me for at least the last few days...

jimsocal

This site super slow for you too?

Is anyone else experiencing an extreme slow-down at this forum/site?

I have high-speed DSL and most other forums load a new page in about 1-2 seconds, almost instantly. This forum, at least for the past couple of days, (I wasn't frequenting it much lately, before that) is now taking 25 sec. or so to load each new page. It's like going back to 1995 dial up speeds!

What's up?

Wilder_K_Wight

Old-School Lounger
The whole site seems messed up for a lot of people. I can get to the forums (slowly) from work, and I can't get to the main site at all. Most of the time it just times out.

jimsocal

I am having the same problem (almost) and I am quite sure it's not on "my end".
I am experiencing 25 second delays in waiting for a new page to load, a post to be posted, etc..
I have yahoo dsl, premium and every other forum I post in is changing pages in less than a second or no more than 2 seconds.

SOMETHING has changed regarding the servers or something for this forum! This is now like 1980's dial-up! It's getting to the point where I just cannot use the forum - too frustrating to wait for page changes. I hope it gets back to normal soon so I can continue to come here.

bigdog5142

I can't access the main site whatsoever from my computer or my iPhone. All I can access is the forums...and that is considerably slow...