iLounge blocking users? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iLounge blocking users?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM

*Insert witty title here*

iLounge blocking users?

Does iLounge block IP address to prohibit people from accessing the site?

The reason I ask is because when I try to access the site from my computer at home, I get a message that says "Site error, website unavailable" or something of the nature. However, I can pull the site up on other computers.

Or could this be an issue with my ISP?

Those who never take anything too seriously have a distinct advantage over those who do.

California is a magical state that makes everything expensive for no real reason.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:47 PM

Pro Lounger

Well, it could be that there is monitoring built into the site that can do this. There could either be a mod that checks for duplicate user names from the same person, or a method that can be enforced to block people's IP addresses if a dual identity is recognized. I am not speaking for iLounge, rather from experience from other forums.

The problem could also be coming from your browser, so I suggest to clear the cookies and temporary Internet files and try again.

iPhone 8 Plus - iPod Touch 4G 64GB - iPod Classic 160GB - Cowon X7 160GB - iRiver H320
Old 12-27-2006, 11:16 AM

Bob

Yes we do. Spammers, trolls or anyone who breaches the rules seriously enough will get banned and their IP address blocked if it is deemed necessary.

Of your logged IP Addresses you only share one but that is not a blocked IP.

Are you getting this error message on the forums or on the main site - http://ilounge.com??

The two use different systems so while your IP addresses may be unblocked on the forums if you have breached the rules on the main site you might have issues logging on.

Bob
Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 PM

*Insert witty title here*

ilounge.com is the address that's giving me the error message. I can pull up the iLounge forums on the same computer with no problem.

Hmm... I wonder what I did. :-/

Those who never take anything too seriously have a distinct advantage over those who do.

California is a magical state that makes everything expensive for no real reason.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Bob

I have checked your account and found your IP address but I can't find it in the blocked IPs listing. i will have another look later - I am suffering with a heavy cold right now.

Bob

Topic: iLounge blocking users?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.