Free Audiobooks - Page 7 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Free Audiobooks

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 08-12-2007, 01:51 PM

Senior Lounger

I also noticed the book from christianaudio.com is labeled "Audiobook" (singular) instead of "Audiobooks" (plural). So if you convert it to .m4b, remember to change the category designation too if you want to find it in the "Audiobooks" section.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM

Paradise Lost by John Milton Free Download

Free download this month of Paradise Lost by John Milton at Christian Audio (Click Here)

Quote:
Christian Audio
Weaving classical mythology with a deep knowledge and reference to Scripture, Milton's genius for narrative unfolds what his biographer, Samuel Johnson, called his "peculiar power to astonish."

Nadia May has narrated over five hundred audiobooks and has earned the prestigious AudioFile Golden Voice award, as well as fourteen Earphone awards. She is an accomplished film, TV, and theater actress. Her native British voice complements her graduate education in English Literature from UC Berkeley to make her delivery of John Milton's Paradise Lost engaging and nuanced.
You will have to open an account and, during check out, provide a credit card number (As much as I prefer not giving out credit card number, I have had no problems with this site after doing so.)

Use promo code JAN2008 during check out to get the download free.

I had to delete a prior free download from my shopping basket.

To download, after choosing M4B format (Which will make all the files show in iTunes and iPod Audiobooks folder regardles of genre designation. If you are using smart playlist utilizing genre, you may want to change to audiobooks or to add audiobook genre to conditions) and:

Click download button
For each of the 8 CD length parts, chose Open With iTunes (Default) -- imports directly into iTunes.

or:

Chose Save to Disc
Browse to iTunes Music Folder
Create a new folder called "Milton" for ease of locating and importing
Clicked OK or Save to place in folder
Each of the remaining 7 files can be downloaded into the same folder --when choosing Save to Disc, window will open to Milton Folder. Click OK.
Import the folder or files into iTunes

Last edited by robert; 01-06-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: underlining and edit not working properly
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

My list

For me it is:

Audio Books:

librivox[dot]org

Classic Audio Books:

freeclassicaudiobooks[dot]com

Audio Drama:

newfiction[dot]com

Audio Lectures:

learnoutloud[dot]com/Free-Audio-Video

I hope this works for you. All the best....
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

I don't know of any, other that what has already been listed, free audio books that are totally free, but I you can get 50 free music downloads and a free audio book download from eMusic when you start a subscription.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:18 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Free Audio Books

Librivox.org is the king of the free audio book sites but it can be awkward to find specific books. A couple of sites that haven't been mentioned and provide easy access/quick navigation are:
audiobook treasury.com
and free-audio-books.co.uk
Old 01-06-2018, 11:20 AM

Freshman Lounger

Searching an audiobook

Hallo everybody,

I am looking for an audiobook about psychology
The name is " industrial and organizational psychology" and the author is Paul Spector.

I have found the same book but the author is other person. I need the first one for the university

Can someone help me please?

Regards,

Sil

Topic: Free Audiobooks

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.