how do i locate and delete audiobooks?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jairfranz

hi
i have downloaded through itunes some audiobooks of which i would now like to completely delete from my ipod and hard drive. the problem is i cant find where they are stored anywhere! i can find no "audiobooks playlist" in itunes and can only see some of them in my "purchased music" playlist.
please help as this is driving me mad!!!
cheers
jairfranz

arsolot

iTunes has column headings in the "Library" source. The headings are "Song Name," "Time," "Kind," etc. If one clicks on a column heading, it will sort the library on the heading. This may aid in finding content in iTunes.

Of course, one can use the search box, place a word that relates to the content one is searching for, press return, and you should find it.

robert

Retired
To remove audio files from ipod and hard drive

For Hard Drive: In iTunes Library, highlight audiobook genre so that you have all and only the audio books in the window. Right click on the audio book title in iTunes Library and select clear. A window will appear that asks you if you want to move to the recycle bin. If you have problems with that method, right click on the highlighted title, select show song file, the file will appear in a window highlighted. Press Delete key. Or, highlight the file in the widow that appears and select delete file from left side of the window OR highlight and right click on the file and choose delete. Not sure this will work, but try a simultaneous shift/delete after doing a show file song while it is highlighted and it may delete without placing in the recycle bin.
Don't forget to empty the titles from your recyle bin.
To remove audio books from your iPod: click on iPod icon in iTunes and sort by genre (add genre if it isn't there by right clicking on the title line and selecting genre so it is checked) by clicking on the name genre in the title line. Then you will have all your audio books together. Highlight and right click the titles you want to delete and choose clear.

Last edited:

robert

Retired
BTW, for file location go to iTunes/edit/preferences/choose advanced tab and the location folder for your files is listed. When using windows explorer or whatever to find files, you need to be certain that *.aa type or all type *.* files are included in the file types at the bottom of the window -- otherwise you will not see the files. Which makes me think that you could do a search for *.aa files within iTunes folder to find them if you have already cleared out of iTunes without deleting the files.

If you bought your audio books from audible.com, you could always download them again if you ever wanted to. I don't think that is the case with iTunes store.

Last edited:

jairfranz

robert & arsolot
thanks very much for your help, as you can see by the number of my posts ive just entered the world of ipod and am slowly finding my way around!
cheers
jairfranz