Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I actually delete audiobooks from my ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-16-2004, 08:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

How do I actually delete audiobooks from my ipod?

I turned off all automatic synchronizing because I want to fill my ipod from different computers without having to have all stuff on both of them.

So I manually move stuff onto the Ipod and manuelly delete it. But I just noticed, when I delete stuff it actually still is on the Ipod's hardddisk, just not longer in the list.

As synchronisation is turned off I cant tell I-Tunes to "refresh" the ipod and actually remove all the stuff I removed.

I can search the music folder in my windows explorer and manually remove all the stuff there, but I hope thats not the way it has to be done.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM

Pro Lounger

Not sure what you're asking...

To delete a file off the iPod (either an audiobook or a music file) when the iPod is in manually sync mode, when you iPod is connected to your computer, do the following:

In iTunes, click on the iPod icon in the left hand pane. Then in the right hand side, choose the file you want to delete, and hit delete on the keyboard. This should delete the file from your iPod, but leave it on your computer. (Make sure you have the iPod itself highlighted and not a playlist that you may have on the iPod. If you choose delete when you have a playlist highlighted, it will only delete the song from the playlist and not from the iPod itself.)

Hope this helps!
dordale
Old 09-17-2004, 02:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the answer, I found that out now. But actually I wasnt deleting single mp3s from the playlist but playlists from the ipod.

When I draw a playlist onto the iPod, it copies the included tracks automatically, if I-Tunes used a little logic it should delete the tracks when I remove the playlist.

And I noticed something strange. When I removed the last two audiobooks I heard from the right side it freed the hd-space as expected.

But hhen I found out there were a couple more books on the right side which I heard over the last few weeks and removed only on the left side. But when I deleted those from the right side it didnt free any more hd-space, I-Tunes obviously already freed that space when I had new books on the iPod (without removing the references, really strange behaviour).
Old 09-17-2004, 02:27 PM

Senior Lounger

Check your settings in Audible Manager to determine the location in which your audio books are downloaded. In my case I think it's something like x:\iPod\Audible\programs\download. When I download a book from Audible, a copy is placed in that directory and then a copy is automatically placed into the iTunes library (x:\media\music).

When I delete the book from iTunes, it is deleted from the iTunes library, but a copy remains in the directory specified in Audible Manager.

It not really a problem keeping a copy of the audio books on hand until hard disk space becomes an issue.

Topic: How do I actually delete audiobooks from my ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.