Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Beginners Guide. Copying an Audio CD to a Bookmarking iPod File. All iTunes process.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 02-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmc
You can't actually drag anything to the "Audiobooks" folder. If you do, it's the LIBRARY that highlights.

Kirk
PC Version:
I just tried it and stand corrected. However, "Library" cannot be highlighted -- only the Library sub folders can be. Dragging an m4b file to iTune's "Library" line or any entry under Library, including Music, places an m4b file in AudioBooks. Either my memory is faulty or a prior version of iTunes was showing homemade m4b files in music unless they were specifically dragged to the Audiobooks folder. Howver, I think that the current version of iTunes is the first to have an Audiobooks folder, so that points to memory or some other problem. I will eventually get around to correcting the tutorial, but since dragging to the Audiobooks folder works, not much pressure to do so.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Junior Lounger

On a Mac, dragging a file anywhere over the different libraries (below LIBRARY) highlights LIBRARY. If it's an .m4b file, it gets added to the Audiobooks library; if it's a podcast (and is tagged as such) it gets added to the Podcasts library; and so on. I agree that it's a minor detail; it was in a previous version that you could actually drag to the Audiobooks library, which existed at least in v6 if not earlier.

Best,

Kirk
Old 02-20-2007, 09:55 AM