Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I-pod/audio book ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

I-pod/audio book ?

I have a i-pod classic 160 GB that I would like to download audio books to. But before I give this a try I have a ? as to wither I can do this or not. When I click on a book in i-tunes book section it tell me this: This book requires iBooks 1.3.1 or later. Books can only be viewed using iBooks on an iPad, iPhone (3 G or later) or iPod touch (2nd generation or later). I know I have an audio book section on my classic so what does this other stuff mean? I'm a complete newbie at downloading audio books so need all the help I can get before I give this a try!

TIA for any help!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM

Veteran Lounger

The books in iBooks are "print" versions which need an iOS device running the iBooks app to read them, they are not audiobooks. Audiobooks from both iTunes and Audible can be played on iOS devices as well as older iPods. If the audio can be heard in iTunes it should play on the iPod. Home made audiobooks will also work however they need to be properly tagged before they will show up in the right sections of an iPod.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: I-pod/audio book ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.