Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Audiobooks appearing in both Audiobooks & Albums sections of iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

Audiobooks appearing in both Audiobooks & Albums sections of iPod

Any audiobooks I add to iTunes appear in only the Audiobooks sectiuon of the iTunes Library. But when these are synched to the iPod, all audiobooks appear in both Music > Audiobooks & Music > Albums sections of the iPod.

I don't like this!

What gives? Is there a setting I am missing? Or is Audiobooks just a problematic area of the Apple offering? Will they always appear in these two different places?

[I have search the forums for adding sub-folders to the Audiobooks sub-menu but I see that this is not possible either].

I am using the latest iTunes 10 with an iPod [Video] 5th Gen 60GB - using a hacked firmware [iTouch to Video firmware based on 1.2.1] but have also noticed this when I was using the latest 1.3 firmware.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM

I don't know if your hacked firmware is the cause or not.

Assuming it is not, and that you already set the Media Type of the Audiobooks to audiobook.

I think that:
- you may be syncing everything in your database to your iPod
- you have smart playlists for your audiobooks
- these playlists do not limit by Media Type

Since the playlists could contain music, they show up sync'd as music and books.

Maybe if you sync specific playlists instead of everything. Make sure that you sync the book playlists in the Book tab, and the Music playlists in the Music tab.

That may help separate the content a bit. If not, try the real firmware.

You are correct that you can't add folders to the Audiobooks section.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 04-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

This happens with both the latest Firmware and my hacked version - in fact, I only installed the hacked version a couple of days ago - previous to this, I had only ever used Apple Firmware.

I don't have any playlists whatsoever at the moment so this is not an issue.

The audiobooks are identified as such both by media type and the genre. They appear in the Audiobooks section of iTunes but in both sections on the iPod. I will try your suggestion to synch music and audiobooks separately and let you know how I get on.

Topic: Audiobooks appearing in both Audiobooks & Albums sections of iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.