Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: audiobook not downloading into Ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-12-2011, 03:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

audiobook not downloading into Ipod

I have only 1 audible account. In the past I have been able to download books into the Ipod. Now it is not working. Any ideas??

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:54 PM

There are a couple of possibilities:

First off you should see if your iPod is set up to sync Books. Plug in your iPod, click on it in iTunes. Click on the Books section, make sure that Sync Audiobooks is checked.

The second is if you are using playlists, then you need to make sure the playlist is selected in the Book section instead of the Music section.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM

Veteran Lounger

Another thing to check is if your iPod is compatible with the files you are downloading. The newer "Enhanced" audio format does not work on older iPods which will work with Format #4 and lower. They are not real clear on the what the "older" iPods are that doesn't support the enhanced format. My 5G iPod video will not sync enhanced format and must use format #4. I haven't tried to send the enhanced files to my 1G nano but they do sync to my other nanos as well as my 1G touch.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: audiobook not downloading into Ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.