Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Will not import audiobook cd

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy Will not import audiobook cd

Hi guys, I am hoping somebody can help me!!!!

I have a large number of audiobook CD's which I am trying to get put onto my itunes list then import onto my ipod.

I have put the CD in my laptop which itunes has recognised as an audio book (but under the genre of Books and Spoken Word).

I have NOT imported the songs as I needed to "JOIN THE TRACKS". This has been done. This is where my problems begin....

I go to click the IMPORT CD button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and it will not import as one file... It is stating to me, "Could not convert selected files. The files may be write protected or of the wrong type".

I have no idea what to do!!! Please HELP!!!!!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

I am using ITUNES 9....
Old 01-15-2011, 11:06 AM

When you say that the books are "recognized as audiobooks" what do you mean?

I think based on the above statement and the error message on joining tracks, I would say your CD is not an audio CD. My guess is the disc is a data disk of files with the m4b extension.

If you view the files in Windows Explorer on the CD, what do you see? What are the extensions on the files? m4a? m4b? mp3? Or does Windows Explorer tell you this is an audio CD?

What is your import format set to? In iTunes click on Edit->Preferences, General Tab, Import Settings. I recommend that you use AAC Encoder and a Setting of Spoken Podcast.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Will not import audiobook cd

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.