Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: using more than 2 audible accounts with IPOD

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

using more than 2 audible accounts with IPOD

I moved recently back to Europe, canceled one Audible account and open 2 in French and UK-english (great mysteries). However now I have 4 audible accounts and found out that IPOD allows only books from 2 to be dragged from library to Ipod.

Is there a workaround?

Martine Devos

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:49 PM

Why didn't you contact audible directly about your account? They would be able to help you and rectify the problem. They will probably have to cancel the other 2 accounts from their end.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:54 PM

Pro Lounger

From what I've read (haven't tried it myself), your iPod will accept books from only two different accounts at one time.

If you remove all the books from one account from your iPod, you should be able to add the books from another account.

Hope this helps--
dordale
Old 10-10-2005, 03:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

dordale is absolutely correct. Your iPod is limited to having 2 Audible or 2 iTunes Music Store accounts on it at one time. In the event you want to transfer a title from another account, you would have to remove all of the titles owned by one of the other accounts on the iPod. You will unfortunately not be able to have content from all of your accounts on the iPod at the same time.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yuck! That's totally annoying!

I'm kinda of mad about that! I can have more then one account in iTunes so why not on my ipod, I have a 60GB and didn't want to take my others off. I have more then three accounts since the max. books per month on an account is only 2... and it's cheaper to have multiple accounts.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by cashley
I have more then three accounts since the max. books per month on an account is only 2... and it's cheaper to have multiple accounts.
Its just as cheap, and much simpler to have one account and then buy extra books during the sale events. You can also just buy yourself some credits from the gift center. OR you can just upgrade to the Ulimtate Listener Plan and get all the books you want for $12 on one plan.

Much simpler that way.

fka parannoya
New! 4Gig Nano
iPod: 15 gig 3G with 2.1 / 6G iPod Mini / Shuffle-512mb

iTunes for Win 4.6 (w/Audible Download Helper plug-in)
Computer: Win XP
Old 11-17-2005, 03:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ahh, but Audible doesn't offer the Ultimate listener program anymore!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:54 PM

Pro Lounger

I think they still do. They never listed it on the site. You can email them or call them and tell them you want to upgrade to Ultimate Listener. If not, buying credits upfront basically amounts to the same thing.

fka parannoya
New! 4Gig Nano
iPod: 15 gig 3G with 2.1 / 6G iPod Mini / Shuffle-512mb

iTunes for Win 4.6 (w/Audible Download Helper plug-in)
Computer: Win XP
Old 11-18-2005, 09:00 AM

Freshman Lounger

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you! I'll give them a call and see what they say. I can never get the email form on Audible's site to work for me.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM

audible.com still offers Ultimate Listener plan

audible.com still offers Ultimate Listener Plan. I bought a new ipod last year and to get $100 credit, changed from UL to monthly. On anniversary 11/12/05, emailed them and got changed back to UL. $119.95 for twelve book credits and two years in which to use them and you can renew sooner if you use up the credits prior to expiration.

I thought I remembered at sometime seeing an option to change/upgrade accounts to UL in my audible.com my account section.

Last edited by robert; 11-18-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:34 AM

Junior Lounger

I just figured out how to do this......Your account name is in the audiobooks file name....just swith the file name to your most recent user name and all your audiobooks will be able to be put on your itunes
Old 12-17-2005, 02:10 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by vansmack
I just figured out how to do this......Your account name is in the audiobooks file name....just swith the file name to your most recent user name and all your audiobooks will be able to be put on your itunes
This doesn't work. It still has the original owner encoded somewhere in the file. It won't be copied onto the iPod if it is the third owner.

Topic: using more than 2 audible accounts with IPOD

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.