• [SIZE="3"][B]CLASSIFIED FORUM POLICY[/B][/SIZE] [B]Updated May 26th, 2010[/B]

The Classifieds forum is provided by iLounge as a free 'marketplace' to buy, sell or trade Apple media devices (iPods/iPhones/iPads/tvs) or related accessories.

It is not to be used for the sale of products by or to commercial entities, as defined by the commercial forum policy found here.

Permitted Items

• iPods
    • iPhones
    • iPads
    • Apple TVs and related accessories
    • iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories, such as cables, cases, speakers, headphones, docks, etc.
    • Original CDs or other original recorded music formats.

Note that when listing an iPhone for sale, the seller must clearly indicate whether or not the iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, and if so which carrier the iPhone is for.

Prohibited Items

• Computer software of any kind.
    • Computer equipment such as laptops, desktop computers, monitors, or other peripherals that are not iPod related
    • Non-iPod handheld devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs), other MP3 players/DAPs, cellular phones, or portable gaming systems, whether or not they also happen to play digital audio/video content.
    • Gift certificates/prepaid cards (e.g. iTunes Music Store or Apple Store gift cards).
    • Personally recorded media of any kind. This includes any kind of content distributed on a recordable CD/DVD, casette, diskette, or any other media format, including the content of an iPod itself. While we recognize that we cannot force a user to erase their hard drive before selling their iPod, existing content of an iPod should not be advertised as a selling point.
    • Any item or lot of items with a selling price in excess of $750 US.
    • Other items that are not directly related to the use or care of an Apple media device or related accessory

Please note that the list of items above includes items for sale as well as requests to buy, and requests for trades. If you are not allowed to sell it, you are not allowed to trade it or advertise it for trade. Any adverts for prohibited items will be removed without notice.

All members making use of this forum should exercise caution in any deals that they may decide to follow up. While 99.5% of transactions close without a problem and both parties are usually satisfied, there are those individuals who like to take advantage and use the internet as a way to scam people out of their hard earned money.

We have set up a Buyer & Seller Feedback area for positive or negative feedback on previous transactions. You are advised to check the feedback on members before commencing.

You are strongly advised to use the most secure method of payment for any item you are buying or selling. Some general advice can be found here.

If we discover that a member has been involved in any dishonest activity in the forums we will ban that person and if there is evidence of a crime we will co-operate fully with the victim and/or law enforcement agencies to assist in making sure that justice is done.

Remember, we cannot guarantee that an individual is who they say they are, nor that they have the item they are selling.

When posting items, please keep the title of your thread concise, but include sufficient details to describe what you are selling. Also please include the prefix "FS:" (For Sale), "WTB:" (Wanted To Buy) or "WTT:" (Wanted To Trade) as this lets someone browsing the list clearly see the status of an item.

Once your thread is no longer necessary (e.g. you have sold your item), please close it. There is an option to do this in the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the thread. Only close your thread when you are sure that you no longer need it. Closed threads will automatically be moved into the Archived Classifieds forum, as will threads with no activity in 60 days or more.

New Member Restrictions

To help reduce the number of fraudulent listings from users who clearly sign up for iLounge merely to post such listings, we have instituted a new policy on the use of the Classifieds forum by new members.

New "Freshman Loungers" will only be able to read the Classified forum and respond to existing threads and posts -- they will not be able to start their own threads offering items for sale until such time as they have reached "Regular Member" status ("Junior Lounger") which occurs after 10 posts have been made and they have been a member for at least 7 days.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

WTT: RC Car for 40 Gig Ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AlphaAuriga

I've got an Ofna 9.5 Pro Nitro RC Car I'd like to trade for a 40 Gig Ipod.

The car is in excellent shape. I drove it only once on the street to check out my construction.

Comes with Engine, receiver and servos. All you need is a 75 band FM transmitter (50 bucks on ebay), glow ignitor and fuel to go. OS RG engine is a pullstart, used but has lots of compression and runs well.

Can provide pics and more details upon request. Total money spent close o 800 bucks....

I'm looking for a 40 gig Ipod in excellent condition with the "stock" accessories.

email me at [email protected]

rivlinm

Website
rivlinm.com
is this a joke...is there some line of elite RC cars that cost 499 bucks!!!!! if not good luck buddy!

even if they are valuable im not sure of the demand on the IPODlounge, not the RCCARlounge

AlphaAuriga

Its all a matter of perspective. Who'd pay 500 bucks for an MP3 player? We'll apparently alot of people.

BTW, whats the point of your response? If you aren't interested in my RC Car or "trade" then just hit "Back" on your browser and move on....

And why not post here? Someone just may be interested in trading an Ipod for an RC car, You neve know. More likely that I'll find someone with an Ipod willing to trade it here than on the RC Car Message boards......

The car alone retails for 399.99
OS RG Engine 139.99
Novak XXL Receiver 62.99
Hi-speed Servos 160.00
Torsen Center Diff 115.00
Custom painted body 90.00
Spare diffs 120.00
Reciever battery pack 29.99

Then there are the spares.....

So, I don't need luck, just an interested party that knows something about RC....

Last edited:

kelvin38

actually that's a well built rc car...so for all of you who don't know how great it is, take his advice and hit the back button if you're not interested.

snowgirl87

i agree its a good rc car, but why not try ebay? he could probably get more on there anyways.

JP_in_GB

I had an old friend who would have probably bought your car.

As for this topic....this trade offer is a hell of a lot more reasonable than some I've seen.

As for the ipod..I do not see the ipod as just an mp3 player...I use it to back up photos and game files...it all depends on your lifestyle. Some folks wouldn't spend more than $50 on a rc car so...

It is a nice car...I used to be into that kind of stuff...not real deep but it was a cool hobby that I liked but never fell in love with plus its too expensive if you plan to do it right.

Good luck! :)

AlphaAuriga

Oh, I completely agree that the Ipod is more than an "MP3" player, I was just trying to make a point about "over generalizing" or ignorance regarding a particular "intrest/hobby".

Personally I think the Ipod is great!, I currently have a 10 gig second gen Ipod and thought that a "trade" may be a simple way to obtain another "larger" Ipod. Seeing as I have 3 Nitro RC Cars and really don't need all three.

And why attempt a trade here rather than an RC car forum or try selling it on ebay?

Well, you never know what might pique someones interest. On the RC car forums I'd guess that less than 20% of the people there own an Ipod. Most of the people in to Nitro RC Cars are pretty hard-core and would rather spend that 500 bucks on more RC equipment than an Ipod. Here I'd imagine its closer to 80% of the people own Ipods. Of course a smaller percentage would own a 40 gig.

And yeah, I might be able to get more if I sell the car outright, but a deal just might be the ticket that would make someone give up their Ipod for it if they've been considering an RC car.

Ebay may be an option later but I thought I'd try here first.

Thanks for the "supportive" responses:D

Last edited:

rivlinm

Website
rivlinm.com
well i hope i havnt started an anti flame thread....just was curious on why a car was so valuable but after reading your estimated values i see that it would indeed be a deal for those interested....sorry for the trouble, didnt mean to sound ignorant or defame ya but jsut porrly expresses my curiosity

mdobilas

Reductio Ad Absurdum
Website
lifescan.com
What is wrong with you people?
The guy wants to do a straight trade for a 40g ipod. If you're looking for a place that would have lots of people with lots of Ipod's, where would you go?
It's true he's in a hobby that maybe not alot of ipod loungers are, but he has a better then average chance of finding someone here then he does on an RC car board.

If the guy wants to try here first, that is his right.

CEB

*thinks*
Website
hampton.org.uk
Nice car mate... Sorry I don't have an iPod to trade for it though.

But yeah before you start flaming rc car racing is a very serious sport, many people spend thousands on their cars... its just a case of what your into.

It sounds like a very fair trade to me.

I own a Pirate 10 buggy, not that well known but very well made and damn quick, well too quick for me really had an accident with it last summer and having difficulty getting the parts. Got them on order now though :)

Attachments

iPoD15

CEB r u ####### serious?? Did u jus say that RC Racing is a SPORT?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL AHAHAH wow :) :) :) Sorry but RC Racing is a HOBBY not a SPORT!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JeremyM

1st, was it RTR or kit?

and, that kit comes with everything but fuel, glow plug ignitor and radio. If it was an RTR, it came with the above. So don't try BSing people, I've been into R/C cars for years now.

Everyone: This is NOT worth as much as a 40GB iPod, just be warned.

chucka

iPoD15 said:
CEB r u ####### serious?? Did u jus say that RC Racing is a SPORT?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL AHAHAH wow :) :) :) Sorry but RC Racing is a HOBBY not a SPORT!!!!
just because you dont think it's a sport doesn't give you the right to be a d ick about it. people like you are the ones that sit at the computer all day and play with yourself, and talk smack to people in forums because you know you wont ever meet them face to face to get you arse kicked.

just let the guy try to trade it. if i didnt already have a tmaxx that i am happy with i would highly consider it.

edit: i agree with jeremy about it not being worth as much as a 40 gig, but to each his own. there may be someone with a 40 gig that doesnt use it at all that might want this.

iPoD15

quote:
just because you dont think it's a sport doesn't give you the right to be a #### about it. people like you are the ones that sit at the computer all day and play with yourself, and talk smack to people in forums because you know you wont ever meet them face to face to get you arse kicked.

1st- Mods need to edit the post, he went around language filter.
2nd-How is racing electric cars a sport? believe me i dont think race car driving is a sport either, so its not like i think just because its not a real car, its not a sport cuz racing REAL cars isnt either.
3rd- I dont sit on the computer all day. In fact, i play REAL sports, Baseball, Basketball, and Tennis.
4th- No need to respond to your last statement, thats just a load of BS.
5th- I'm just trying to make a point, CEB said that RC car-racing is a sport, it is not a sport in any way shape or form. I'm just trying to make a point because calling it a sport is an insult to athletes. Video Gaming, not a sport. 'Pro' wrestling, not a sport. Race car driving, not a sport. RC RACING, NOT A SPORT!!! :)