Beats Solo 3 - Return/Exchange Advice - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Beats Solo 3 - Return/Exchange Advice

Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 AM

Junior Lounger

Question Beats Solo 3 - Return/Exchange Advice

I realize this is an extreme long shot, but wanted to try anyway. I have a genuine sealed pair of Beats Solo 3 Wireless in Special Edition Black. I'm looking for the same (sealed in package) Beats but in the Ultraviolet color shown here: Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones ? Ultra Violet - Apple

The black that I have cannot be returned, and apparently the Ultaviolet color is only sold at Apple stores which will not allow an exchange to switch out the color. I would prefer a straight up trade/exchange of the color but since this is apparently a new Apple exclusive color, I don't expect to find someone that would have these sealed and be willing to trade. If by some chance you do have the Ulta Violet and would like the black, please let me know. I would be happy to email photos showing that I have the black. If you have any advice on how to get the color exchanged at Apple without receipt, you're welcome to give me input on that.

I know this is not the appropriate forum for this, but I'm also considering selling the black. I'm not even sure if selling/trading is allowed here. So, I apologize in advance if it's not, but it seems this may be the only option in order to change the color without receipt. Is that correct? The reason I don't have and can't get access to the receipt is they were bought as a gift by a family member that lives several hours away and is going through a health problem. It would not be appropriate for me to ask them to get me the receipt nor would they be able to get it to me before the return/exchange date is up. I'm grateful for the gift and would never want to seem unappreciative and actually feel bad about wanting to change the color. I've contacted a local Apple Store and tried to explain the situation, but apparently they're not able to do anything for me in this situation.

Thanks in advance for any input and/or offers!
Old 12-17-2016, 03:21 PM

Senior Lounger

Because it's the holiday season, you may be able to return them to a place like Best Buy without a receipt, stating that they were a gift. If your relative bought them at a chain retailer that also has a branch where you live, you could try that.

Topic: Beats Solo 3 - Return/Exchange Advice

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.