Just got my first Apple TV... - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Just got my first Apple TV...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 AM

You are making a pretty bold statement by saying that Apple will eventually come out with a TV. They may never release a TV, nobody ever truly knows outside of Apple's own research teams. Additionally, there is absolutely no way Apple can revolutionize the design of TVs. They all have the same foundational design with additional features. You can't change any of that as you wouldn't have a TV just as Apple's Mac lineup isn't revolutionizing the designs of desktops and notebooks but rather enhancing some elements.

The appeal of the original iPod wasn't so much in its hardware design. Players had come along before that and had solid designs as well. The iPod was successful as it was one of the first portable players that focused on the combination between the player itself and running easy to use software on the computer. Pretty much everyone else had either relied on third party software (Windows Media Player, MusicMatch, etc.) or their own software was clunky. The iPod didn't really blow up until iTunes came out for Windows (as Apple had been using MusicMatch for PC management before) and they stopped releasing two separate iPod models for OS X and Windows. The hardware design was minimalistic but it definitely wasn't the reason why the iPod was so successful.

Either way, Apple can change the design of this mythical unicorn TV all they want. It won't matter if they pack it with an IPS display and a bunch of other aspects that are going to increase the price beyond what the common consumer is willing to pay. People definitely aren't going to shell out $1000 for a 32" Apple TV with an IPS display when they can shell out less to buy a bigger LED LCD HDTV and even throw in a PS3 for Blu-ray playback, Netflix, and Hulu.

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom
Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 AM

Junior Lounger

If Tequila can make one buy Apple TV, I wonder what other stuff can this Tequila do :P, I just hope you don't regret your decision after coming back to full conscious! :P

Topic: Just got my first Apple TV...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.