Connect iPod to Head Unit in Car

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Grizzz

I just had a new Alpine head unit put into my truck. I had a pair of RCA jacks run out of the auxillary to plug my iPod in. When I did this I was really dissappointed with the sound quality. Not only do I have to turn my head units volume up alot, but the sound quality is no where near as good as CD's are. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have to just live with it? I was hoping to be able to just carry my iPod with my and not worry about carrying all my CD's around. Any suggestions?

Grizz

DalkonShield

I had the same problem when connecting my ipod to my home receiver with an rca to mini plug adapter. I was going to start looking for a car in dash cd player with a front panel aux input but now i'm afraid of the same problem....In my work car I connect my ipod with an old cassette adapter. This has the obvious frequency limitations of cassette, but not the volume and sound quality loss like with the mini plug.

IronSerif

100% Dead Sexy
I have a pioneer headunit and I hook the iPod up the same with. But I haven't experienced any loss in sound quality, that I can tell.

I'll ask around and see if anyone has any solutions, but the only thing I can suggest as of now is to play around with the settings of your head unit.

jimmie_d123

Website
www.LiverpoolFootballClub.cjb.net
You've probably already concidered it Grizz but have you looked at the iTrip from Griffin Technology? It's an FM transmitter that you plug into the top of your iPod, tune your car radio into the frequency and you can listen to your iPod through your car stereo wirelessly.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
How are you running the RCA jack? Are you running it from the headphone jack on the ipod or from the line out from the provided dock or from the belkin auto charger? If you are running from the headphone jack you need to tweak the volume on both the head unit and ipod for optimum sound.

Cheers,
Stu

bdjohns1

Cheese Whiz
Website
www.ben-johnson.org
studogvetmed said:
How are you running the RCA jack? Are you running it from the headphone jack on the ipod or from the line out from the provided dock or from the belkin auto charger? If you are running from the headphone jack you need to tweak the volume on both the head unit and ipod for optimum sound.
Basically, I had to run mine at 100% headphone volume to match the output I got from the Belkin line-out.