is it just me or are the ex71's

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ucdoc

made by sony very annoying because of the short left sided cord and the fact that you have to wear the buds from behind your head. I hate the fact that there is a sony chrome piece dragging the left side down. Is there anyway to remove the piece. I feel bogged down by this head buds and I am thinking about ordering the shure e2's. Lame sony.

ucdoc

I guess the dead weight on the left ear bud just bothers me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
When worn as suggested by Sony I didn't have any trouble with the cable dragging. I found it handy to have the cable looped round the back of my head as if I had to take the EX70's out they just stayed hanging ready to go back in.

MikeM

Retired
ucdoc said:
I guess the dead weight on the left ear bud just bothers me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I have the same issue. You should be able to clip the cords together [the cord between the two buds and the cable to the iPod] to get a more even hang. You can use a bunch of materials from tape to a twist tie.

I gave my pair to my girlfriend and bought some e2c's...

GuyVer

Enlightened One
I have no problems wearing them in the manner as suggested by Sony.

Reasonably decent earbuds, though I prefer my Grado SR60's.

I found that the seal on these buds is pretty good, which is essential when rocketing around the V.noisy and ancient London Underground.

GuyVer

thedodgyguy

Declined Lounger
I find the seal pretty poor, especially on the London Underground (where I specifically took these to compare against the Sennheiser PXC250 and the Shure E2). Obviously compared to the sieve that is the SR60, they are amazing.