Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Jampod: Don't Waste Your Money!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

Angry Jampod: Don't Waste Your Money!

After pre-ordering my JamPod directly from the DV Forge website, I waited about a month before they were scheduled to be shipped April 8. Then it was April 10, then the 11th, then the 12th and finally the 14th. I then Contacted them via email explaining my concerns and to inquire as to whether the product was really ready for market. I was a bit worried by the following review that claimed the product was of questionable quality:

http://playlistmag.com/reviews/2005/03/jampod/index.php

Their return email simply explained that the review was based on a "hand built" version and would not really represent the final factory made version.

I Finally received the device yesterday and unfortunately dear iPodlounge forum members, the JamPod is a piece of junk. First, the power plug that connects to my iPod was not finished properly and stuck out so far on the sides that there was no way it was gonna fit. It was necessary for me to use a dremel tool to gently bring the connector to a proper size that would fit comfortably into my expensive beauty.

Next was sound quality. The first thing I noticed upon plugging it in was the high frequency squeal it put off over the top of my Gomez Mp3. Not one to quit, I attempted to "mix" the sound using the dial wheel and to my disappointment it merely made the guitar and mp3 louder - there was no "mix" as the company contends. The tone from the JamPod is not too bad - a light bit of distortion and pretty good across the board, but when it's playing through a wall of buzzing it really doesn't make much of a difference.

I then attempted a number of other tracks and settings and finally pulled the JamPod and unceremoniously threw it across the room. Sorry guys but I have to agree with the reviewer on this one - great idea but VERY poor execution. True guitar players will want to stay away from this product.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Thanks for posting a review but sorry to hear that you got a less than quality product. Others will appreciate it also. Now they know to stay away form this product until some quality improvements are made.

Topic: Jampod: Don't Waste Your Money!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.