Should I Wait, or get the remote now...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

carlin

iPodaholic...
Website
homepage.mac.com
Should I wait, or get the apple wired iPod remote now...I have heard that the new peripherals are coming out sometime soon, and I was wondering If it was smarter to just wait another 2 weeks, or go ahead and buy the remote. The remote would be helpful to me in my car, but I would be kicking myself if one with an lcd came out later...Some people were talking that when the iTunes store comes out for windows, that might be when new peripherals come out, when exactly is that again? end of september, october? Any help would be appreciated...

sinster

Bakka Gaijin des!
itunes is supposed to be by end october...not heard the link with the new periphals though.

i wld wait..unless its something u need urgently..infact, i wld wait till couple weeks before xmas..theres bound to be an apple frenzy around that time...

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
i just got my remote on the second day after ordering it from ebay. It works great and i couldn't be happier with it. I just wish it would have originally came with the 10gb ipods too!

Col127

did you purchase an older remote for your 3G ipod? i just purchased a 10gb ipod and would like to get a remote for it, but don't want to buy a new one from apple for $59. doesn't seem worth it :p

mikey

carlin, there have been a lot of rumors flying around about what the new periphials might be, so a lcd remote might not be in the future. With that said, unless you absolutely need the current iPod remote right now, I don't think it would hurt to wait a couple of weeks or so for when apple unveils the new periphials, to purchase a remote (whether it is the non lcd one, or apple does release a lcd device). That way, you either get the lcd remote that you wanted or you find out that it was just a rumor and get the current remote a little bit later than originally anticipated(because it sounds like you really want the lcd and would probably get it eventually, even if you purchase the current remote now).

btw, just wanted to let you know you've got a great website for your iskin but you probably realize that already:D

Last edited:

Impulse29

alright, so the new remote *should* come out end of october? same time as the iTrip? This would mean that they are launching the new firmware at the same time...