best iPod remote

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cvtech

beyond the wired remote for iPods, what is the best wireless remote out there? The Griffin AirClick looks pretty cool, but it is not out yet. I think I should also really stay toward RF vs IR because I am going to be using this in car and where the ipod is positioned is not suitabel for looking at/point a remote toward

What are you opions?

Last edited:

selector

I was under the impression that the Griffin AirClick was already released...
I am thinking of getting one myself...

obviously you will be able to use headphones with the remote ???

JaredM

I highly doubt you would be able to use headphones. I think wireless remotes are more for home setups/computer/car setups. NOt for earphone listening, but i could be wrong. Plus i think it would be safer to listen through your car rather than your earphones.

Echo_

ya im pretty sure its against the law or something to be wearing headphones (safety hazzard)

ocellnuri

Website
home.earthlink.net
The RemoteRemote2 has a passthrough jack for headphones or an audio cable. Of course you wouldn't use headphones for the car, but it would leave the option for using the remote and headphones with your iPod in your pocket or a backpack.

swy32x

The Griffin Airclick does include a headphone port and an RF remote, meaning that you can have your iPod tucked away safely in your bag with the headphones running out, and then you can use the AirClick remote to change songs.

JaredM

oh really? That would be so awesome no wires. I would get that then. But the only thing is it is kind of bulky. So i still wouldnt put it in a pocket. Maybe a backpack poket.

tonton

The Griffin Airclick and EA RemoteRemote 2 are almost identical. The Airclick has a better remote with a hold button and easier to push buttons. The Griffin also has activation indicator LEDs that the RR2 lacks, which can be a problem if you're trying to troubleshoot.

They are both fantastic products, and there's really no reason to get an IR remote or the Apple wired remote.

aawil

To me they all seem worthless if I cant browse different albums without getting up. I assume the navipod ex is the only one that can? Unless I'm missing something. Any other remotes coming out in the next couple months?