question about the ex81sl

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lpdude

i just got these headphones, and they work pretty good, but im confused by the length of the cord. the left earphone has a cord that is literally 3 inches long, while the right headphone has a lot of slack. am i supposed to move the little plastic thing on the cord? i tried that, but i was afraid of breaking the cord, so i stopped. anyone know what to do?

lpdude

oh i get it. thats kinda weird and now im gonna have to use that extension cord, which i didnt really wanna use. why couldnt they have just made the cord longer? whatever

lpdude

hey sechannell, how do u like the headphones? ive been using them for a couple of days and i cant say that im particularily pleased with them. They definetely sound better then my old ones, but they arent as comfortable as i was hoping they would be. i just put them on and stick them in my ear, and after a little bit they start to hurt. i tried the small gray cover things then the medium ones, and the medium ones are a lil better. the big ones are just too big. any suggestions.

sechannell

Website
honkychateau.blogspot.com
I haven't had any problem with them hurting and they definitely sound good. I'm not real crazy about the design as far as the ear piece goes and like I said before, I'm very disappointed in the cord.

Not sure what to recommend as far as them being uncomfortable. You definitely want to make sure you have the right size piece on the earbud, both for comfort and sound. If they aren't nestled snuggly in your ear you won't get any bass. Do they hurt behind your ears, where the white piece goes around or inside your ears?

xluben

The Sony EX series is the most comfortable in-ear headphone, and probably the best sounding without spending twice as much (Shure's). The 'neck-chain' style cord (one side longer than the other) is useful when you want to take out one earbud, and the cord hangs over your shoulder instead of dangling down to your waist (like with the stock buds or any other Y-shaped cord). Sony has just released the EX81LP to the US. They are just like the EX81SL except they have a normal one-piece cord. You can get them for $49.99 directly from Sony:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?CategoryName=acc_Headphones_Fontopia./Earbud&ProductSKU=MDREX81LP/W&INT=sstyle-pa_Headphones-catpfeature-MDREX81LP/W

robhimself

festivusfortherestofus
Man and I just got a new pair of ex51's just because I didn't like the cord on the ex71's...

I'm tempted to buy a pair of those ex-81lp's for jogging :\

lpdude

ya but if u just wanna put the ipod on ur belt around ur waist, and have both headphones in ur ear, u have to use the extension, which is way too long.